forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› new ab moves ›› new reply Post Reply
shutyourmouth
I buried my heart
1,886 Posts
37/F/MA

offline   (12)
July 24 2008 12:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
thanks to google i realize whatever ive been doing arent really dragon flags, or at least not fully.
i lift my legs from my waist then lift my entire body up...i can feel it working this way but i will definitely start doing it completely straight given that obviously will work the muscles better. i never even knew what they were called until now i just kinda saw other people doing them and needed some variation from just sit ups.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (1)
July 24 2008 5:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Sloth Fratelli

Originally posted by:pahulkster

He's almost 140lbs, so he really knows his shit.

Never understood why people view size as proof that someone knows their shit. I knew a guy at my old gym who couldn't have been more than 160 soaking wet, but he had perfect form for everything. That's such an outdated way of thinking.

I can understand if you're eighty years old and not in shape, but if a "trainer" isn't in good shape then he's just a hack. I generally have a disposition to hate trainers in the first place because 99% of the ones I've had contact with are douchebags. At some point in a persons life they should have actually been proof that they are good at what they are talking about.

I can read every music book, watch every guitar lesson video, know the way to do every technique, and master theory, but if I never actually play the guitar then I'm still going to suck dick at it.

That being said lots of big dudes don't know wtf they are talking about either.

Also, to that girl above. Dragon flags aren't leg raises. There is no way you're doing 100 of them. I'd be surprised if most Olympic gold medalist gymnasts could do more than 15.
shutyourmouth
I buried my heart
1,886 Posts
37/F/MA

offline   (12)
July 25 2008 12:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yes i know i mentioned thats not what i was doing in my 2nd post i really had no idea what i was doing but when i first googled dragon flags to see what they were it looked similar.
i did not even know the name dragon flags until i read this thread, sorry for the confusion.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (1)
July 25 2008 3:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:shutyourmouth

I've been trying to work out my abs for the last 3 months and seem like I've seen little results or they seem to be hiding at least. I have noticed those side groin type muscles, the ones you see on guys most of the time but the middle is looking bare.
I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and each time I do 25-30 reps of 10-15 a combination of various exercises...sit ups, dragon flags, crunches on the ball, two machines - one where you pull the weight up & forward with both hands (not too far off from regular sit ups) & one where you lay your arms flat and push towards the ground. So anyway anyone have any suggestions as what I'm doing wrong or should add to my work out?
I'm very skinny to begin with so there's not really much fat to burn off i just want to transform what little is there into muscle.
The only problem I have with the ball is that I have a lower back injury and when I use the ball it usually starts to hurt after 20 or 30 crunches. I can 100 dragon flags no problem (prob bc i am like 115 lbs), just don't seem to be seeing results.

It's a matter of low body fat, and having the muscle developed. You might be skinny but still have relatively high body fat. It's very tough for a girl to get a true six pack look going on because girls just have more body fat than guys.

Doing six million reps of ab exercises is completely pointless, and just builds the muscular endurance of your abs. There is no reason to really train the muscular endurance of your abs unless you just want to do six million reps of ab exercises for no reason. Diet and cardio take down the body fat, and you build the muscles the same way you do any other muscle.
shutyourmouth
I buried my heart
1,886 Posts
37/F/MA

offline   (12)
July 25 2008 8:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i know my diet isnt terribly bad but ive always eaten a lot of carbs. i dont know how i would know if i had high body fat or not aside from getting it measured. i mostly lift when im at the gym and only do maybe an hour of cardio a week bc i drop weight easy and have a hard time gaining so i dont want to turn into some anorexic on the treadmill.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› new ab moves ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: new ab moves

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?