forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› took a week off the gym, this is part II ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse

vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
June 23 2008 9:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i know i'm going to be sore after tonights session. but i think my body needed it. i was starting to feel worn down. and besides, the pahc fest fucked my whole body up. i had hit a weight loss plateau anyway. so right now i weight 271, i'm going to start counting down again, that old thread is too old to keep up
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
June 23 2008 9:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
didn't plan on stopping. stupid fest fucked my back up for last week anyways.

26.7% body fat right now, aiming for 20-21% by the end of summer
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
June 23 2008 10:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
you need to rest some times. You'll burn yourself out if you don't.

I should be fighting in 5 weeks. My workouts are going to be intense from now until then. I normally do 8 weeks training for a fight but the event was just announced so whatever. But i always take some time off after a fight. Or if i don't its very light workouts for that first week back.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
June 23 2008 10:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm going pretty light this week. then next week i'm turning it up big time.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
June 23 2008 10:11 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
are you doing the same routine that you started with?
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
June 26 2008 1:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

are you doing the same routine that you started with?

nah i have intensified the shit out of what i started out as. also, i keep to the same body parts on the same days.... but i switch up the exercises.

down to 268 again. hopefully 260 by the end of the week
BlackendWar
back in black
827 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (6)
June 26 2008 9:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think i read somewhere thats it's actually recommend that for twice a year you take a week off.

i tend to do the same thing once my summer leagues for basketball start. i tend to ignore the legs a little because they are the part of my body that stays sore the longest.

good luck and im sure come the end of Aug youll hit your goal. so whats the big goal (no pun intended) when it's all said and done?
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
June 27 2008 7:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: BlackendWar

i think i read somewhere thats it's actually recommend that for twice a year you take a week off.

i tend to do the same thing once my summer leagues for basketball start. i tend to ignore the legs a little because they are the part of my body that stays sore the longest.

good luck and im sure come the end of Aug youll hit your goal. so whats the big goal (no pun intended) when it's all said and done?

since i have 200lbs of lean muscle i think a realistic goal to get me down to around 15% bf would be to get down to 230. so 35 more lbs. if i can drop as much as i have, i can drop that... it might take a while though but i'm in this for the long haul.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

June 27 2008 3:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Taking a week off is always good to do every so often...but usually after that week I can't wait to go back. Sometimes, I absolutely hate doing it but I get messages from my body needing it.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
July 1 2008 9:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
down to 266 now. i still don't know how i got down to 260 then went back up. i must have had some extra water weight or some shit.
Ian G.
Time Husk
5,391 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (8)
July 1 2008 10:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i cant wait to get back to the gym, i pretty much took all of june off and partied to much...im gonna be back at it after im all healed up
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
July 1 2008 10:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i can't imagine taking a month off at this point.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› took a week off the gym, this is part II ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: took a week off the gym, this is part II

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?