forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› 300 Workout ›› new reply Post Reply
burning fight

PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

July 30 2008 8:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The 300 Workout

Supposingly this was the workout done by the Spartans.

25 Pullups
50 Deadlifts at 135 pounds
50 Pushups
50 Box jumps with a 24-inch box
50 "Floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds) (You lay on a flat bench with 135 pounds and do reverse crunches while holding the weight).
50 "Clean and press" at 36 pounds
25 Pullups

This looks extremely difficult and very intense.

burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

July 30 2008 8:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The clean and press are done with 35lbs dbs. They made a typo and put 36.
RANDY/AWESOME
Warrant
1,255 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (12)
July 30 2008 8:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeaa it pretty much is
try it
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

July 30 2008 8:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Suppose to be completed within 20 minutes nonstop no rest.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

July 30 2008 8:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If it's too easy for then I suppose you can, but they say this workout can cause injury if not done properly. So I guess it's up to you. Doing 50 deadlifts with 135lbs is not as easy as it looks.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

July 30 2008 8:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Good question, I don't have the answer for that. I'm assuming they do more than just this workout to get into shape.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

July 30 2008 8:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm going to try this routine when I feel like cutting my weight down, as of now I won't try it because it'll burn too many calories that I need right now to bulk up.
BlackendWar
back in black
827 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (6)
July 30 2008 9:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i will never attempt a "floor wiper". my long legs arent that flexible let alone holding a buck 35 above my chest. that shit would come crashing down on my throat ASAP.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 30 2008 9:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the "300" workout doesn't exist. They went to crossfit for 12 weeks, 6 days a week, 3 hours a day. They changed their workout every day they were there. Sometimes they did repeats but it wasn't the same thing day in and day out. They also were given a super stricked diet to follow. Atleast the main actors. Alot of the supporting Spartans were just your average fit person that fit the description of a Spartan and could half-assed act for the split seconds they were on screen.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

July 31 2008 5:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

the "300" workout doesn't exist. They went to crossfit for 12 weeks, 6 days a week, 3 hours a day. They changed their workout every day they were there. Sometimes they did repeats but it wasn't the same thing day in and day out. They also were given a super stricked diet to follow. Atleast the main actors. Alot of the supporting Spartans were just your average fit person that fit the description of a Spartan and could half-assed act for the split seconds they were on screen.

That's what I thought, they didn't do the same exercises everyday because after a while your body wouldn't react towards it.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 31 2008 9:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
so i just did some real research on this and read an article that speaks with Gerard Butler about how he prepared for the role. He said he worked with a trainer for 4 months to get into shape for Leonidas. 11 Weeks he did crossfit training to shed fat and tone up. The workout posted in the first post is partially correct as his workout. That was used during his peak day (4th day of a 5 day training week). The last 5 weeks he worked with a bodybuilder to exaggerate his physique.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

July 31 2008 4:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Awesome, wished I had the money to invest in a professional bodybuilder to help me.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
July 31 2008 5:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ronnie Coleman does a weekend every year where you train with him at Metroflex. You're actually with a group of guys, and it's like $750 though. I've read reviews from people who did it, and they said that you don't actually talk to Ronnie much. They also said that the Metroflex guys just put you through a few ridiculous workouts regardless of what your current level actually it. Cutler has something too, but he's boring as hell.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

July 31 2008 7:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That's a bit steep haha.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 31 2008 7:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Honestly, i'd rather train with someone like Lance Armstrong over a bodybuilder but thats just me and my desired physique. I'm more a cardio man than a bodybuilder.
BlackendWar
back in black
827 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (6)
July 31 2008 9:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
im actually much more interested in talking to him than training with him. more so of what kind of diet he maintains. im not lost in the gym, just in what im eating, or not eating, to acheive my goal
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› 300 Workout ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: 300 Workout

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?