forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› How many times do you work out ›› new reply Post Reply
life/deathnopoint

Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (4)
August 16 2008 2:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
In a week? Do you find you get more results when you take days off or keep going? Obviously you need time to replenish.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 16 2008 7:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i workout 4 days a week between mma training and weight training. I'm going to up that to 6 days now because of the long distance bike ride i'm doing. Gotta get my body prepared to go for a long time.
BlackendWar
back in black
827 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (6)
August 16 2008 9:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

also, your muscles grow while your recovering , not when your working out. so always take time to rest. it should go as noted that its not how many days you work out, but what you do while your at the gym that matters. i usually bang out my workouts in an hour and some off mins tops. heavy weights, high reps, short rests. i love it when guys think taht they've been at the gym for 3 hours but 2 of it was spent shooting the shit at the magazine rack with another guy.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (1)
August 17 2008 1:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mon-Fri with weekends off usually. I actually should do less, but I like lifting a lot and really don't have a lot else to do so I keep it at five days. I space things out so I can work everything hard over those five days. 3-4 would be optimal for me, and I do use that schedule once in a while. If I really held a solid diet I could pull five days off better.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

August 17 2008 12:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I usually work out every other day. I used to do the 5 days a week and weekend off but by the end of the week I felt worned out. So I go every other day and I hit every muscle group so I'm happy with that. I think I'm going to get back into doing some cardio on the days in between for half a hour.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (1)
August 17 2008 2:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've just molded my routine into that because every gym around here seems to have completely shit hours on the weekends. If I had a good 24-7 place I'd change things around.
life/deathnopoint
Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (4)
August 17 2008 2:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

I've just molded my routine into that because every gym around here seems to have completely shit hours on the weekends. If I had a good 24-7 place I'd change things around.

I have the same problem. I never understood this since everything else is open. Usually I'll do something at home if I can't make it in on the weekend.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

August 17 2008 3:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah no 24/7 gyms around where I am, it sucks.
BlackendWar
back in black
827 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (6)
August 17 2008 8:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i should clarify that my 5 doesnt mean i have off on the weekends. i do Mon, Tues, off Wed, Thurs, Fri than Sat afternoon and off Sunday. most of the time im at home working out but my leg days are spent at the gym.
shutyourmouth
I buried my heart
1,886 Posts
37/F/MA

offline   (12)
August 23 2008 12:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i do 3-4 days a week, 1 & 1/2 - 2 hour workouts. the extra half hour is usually dependent on whether i do cardio that day.
Jando
Time Husk
38 Posts
34/M/NA

August 29 2008 2:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
two days on and one day off works the best for me
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
August 29 2008 2:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
5 days
outofmilk
huh?
700 Posts
10/M/CA

offline   (1)
September 4 2008 9:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
weights- usually 5 times a week.
I run almost every day.
Lay with the Fallen
Sambo
619 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (3)
September 10 2008 12:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lifting 3 times a week and soccer training 6 days a week
The Silent One
shitposter.com
125 Posts
38/M/TX

offline   (4)
September 10 2008 12:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm fat. I drink beer, have terrible eating habits and dont work out...EVER.
cory..
ARF ARF
5,780 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (6)
September 10 2008 1:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I work out 4 times a day, so times that by 7

28 times a week bro

man up
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› How many times do you work out ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: How many times do you work out

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?