forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Mr Olympia predictions ›› new reply Post Reply
BlackendWar

back in black
827 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (6)
September 13 2008 8:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
a few weeks away

i say Dexter Jackson knocks off Cutler. i heard Jay is pushing 300. gonna be close. i think Silvio Samuel might surprise a few people and make a top 5 finish.
Jando
Time Husk
38 Posts
34/M/NA

September 13 2008 10:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
why in the world would dexter win?
if you've noticed anything in body building lately you would notice that the Olympia since Dorian Yates loves the mass monsters
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 14 2008 11:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Jay, Dex, Wolf, Heath. I think Wolf may even take second, but it will be really close.

Wolf is the best in the lineup, but he isn't going to win it. The pictures and video I've seen of him leading up have been just insane. This is all assuming that Jay comes in strong too. If he is off like last year then he is going down. I think he will make a good showing this year though, because everybody ripped him apart for last year.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 15 2008 8:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i don't pay attention to it too much but every review i read of the finals said that Cutler should have lost. I'm still saying they are going to look for a face of the sport, have a new Coleman or Arnold, so i think Cutler will win unless he comes in looking terrible. If he even has a 3rd place showing i think they might give him the win. Let him 3 peat and then next year he'll really have to earn it.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 16 2008 5:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
If Jay phones it in then he's done. People will freak the hell out if he gets another gift. I'm thinking he is going to come in really strong, and it's very very likely that he will win.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 16 2008 10:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
it just seems from all the ads and stories about him in bascially every men's fitness magazine, the bodybuilding world as a whole is big on making him the new face of bodybuilding. I mean he's obviously popular at this point but making him a 3 time winnner, especially in a row, makes him stand out above most of the rest. Coleman, even though retired, will be featured in ads for a long time as long as he doesn't stop lifting completely. I really think they are trying to do that with Cutler.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 16 2008 12:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't know how much you follow bodybuilding, but Cutler has been one of the top two guys for probably close to ten years. He won the Arnold multiple times, and lots of people think he should have beat Ronnie one a few occasions. What's funny to me is that he looked way better when he was losing to Ronnie than he does now as Mr. Olympia. Cutler has been the face of Weider and Muscletech for a long time, and it will stay that way but I don't think they are really trying to make him anything more than he is. Right now he is the most successful bodybuilder in the world by far so he doesn't really need it. If they are grooming anybody to take the reigns it is most definitely Phil Heath. Cutler is definitely not going to be an 6/7/8 time champion though. I personally hope that shit never happens again because it really just gets ridiculous.
BlackendWar
back in black
827 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (6)
September 16 2008 9:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
hey settle the agrument. do either one of you know how tall Coleman is? i read somewhere he's 5'10 but i've seen him in posedowns next to Cutler who's 6'4 and he's almost level. just curious.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 16 2008 9:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

I don't know how much you follow bodybuilding, but Cutler has been one of the top two guys for probably close to ten years. He won the Arnold multiple times, and lots of people think he should have beat Ronnie one a few occasions. What's funny to me is that he looked way better when he was losing to Ronnie than he does now as Mr. Olympia. Cutler has been the face of Weider and Muscletech for a long time, and it will stay that way but I don't think they are really trying to make him anything more than he is. Right now he is the most successful bodybuilder in the world by far so he doesn't really need it. If they are grooming anybody to take the reigns it is most definitely Phil Heath. Cutler is definitely not going to be an 6/7/8 time champion though. I personally hope that shit never happens again because it really just gets ridiculous.

my level of following it is looking at the reviews of the event the week following it. I appreciate the sport but not really a fan if you get me. But i do have a few magazine subscriptions and i normally take the time to read about 75% of the articles. I knew Cutler has been in the game for awhile but it just seems now that he finally won the biggest prize he seems to be getting that much more of a push. Its just an opinionated observation.

I also agree with the statement of never wanting to see a high repeater. I'm not a fan of that in any sport. I hate seeing the same teams or people win constantly. Every sport needs a mixup in the champions.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 16 2008 9:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
wiki has Coleman listed at 5'11.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 17 2008 12:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Cutler is nowhere near 6'4, he's probably 5'9 at best. Ronnie is probably about 5'10.
JP22
Shark City
7,394 Posts
35/M/CA

offline   (2)
September 17 2008 12:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
SHITS WEAK
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
September 17 2008 11:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
wiki has Cutler listed at 5'9
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 17 2008 12:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah probably right around there. From what I've seen he's not very tall. None of those guys are too tall. I can't think of too many pros who are over six feet.
Jando
Time Husk
38 Posts
34/M/NA

September 18 2008 12:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Cutler looks like a fridge hes way too blocky
that is not body building when the pros on stage have growth hormone stomachs twice as big as their chests
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 18 2008 1:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah Cutler doesn't have the Olympia look to me. He has kept his gut in check pretty much all the time though. Some guys have that shit flying out all over the place, but he keeps it tight. It's just impossible to carry a 32 inch waist when you're rocking a 60 inch chest. His problem is just having basically the ugliest abs ever in certain poses. I don't know even know what to say when he hits his ab/thigh. Victor should be Mr. O right now, and I would love for Wolf to get it this year.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Mr Olympia predictions ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Mr Olympia predictions

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?