forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› my whey protein sucks. ›› new reply Post Reply
BEERZEBUB

C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
32/M/OH

offline   (9)
October 18 2008 8:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I need some suggestions on some new whey protein shake stuff to try.
Foycore79
Troy Core
14 Posts
40/M/NY

offline   (5)
October 18 2008 8:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I like bsn syntha 6 the moca flavor,muscle milk peanutbutter chocolate,go to prosource.net for the best prices also they have their own brand called nitrowhey thats good too
BlackendWar
back in black
827 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (6)
October 18 2008 8:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
mmm i saw significant gains in strength with "Freak Fix Muslce Whey" by Muscle Assylum. tastes real good too. i can't help with anything in terms of noticing signs in size, im still searching myself.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
October 19 2008 8:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
For strictly Whey i like ON.

Syntha 6 tastes good but isn't straight whey.

Isopure is decent if you are lactose intolerant but don't mess with the fruit flavors. I've been working to get through a container of Apple/Melon for like 6 months. I gag mixing it.
BEERZEBUB
C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
32/M/OH

offline   (9)
October 19 2008 2:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm not necessarily looking for just straight whey. I just need something with more protein in it and also a higher calorie count as I need help hitting my daily calories. I was in GNC last night and he was talking up their whey protein like it was the best thing on earth. Not too fond of the high price and I hate being aggressively sold to like that so I passed. Isopure doesn't look too bad...
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 19 2008 2:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Get apple melon Anabolic Window by Nutrabolics. Drink it after your workout. Nothing tastes better, and it will help you hit your calories.

click here for link

For days that you aren't working out Muscle Milk is definitely a very good choice. They have a million flavors, and nearly all of them taste good. I just got three tubs in GNC for $12.50 each because they were almost expired. Look for those if you get a chance, but you can get it for about $25 on any decent site.

You can find deals at GNC now and then, but fuck them for the most part. The people that work there usually have the same nutrition and workout knowledge as the people that work at Old Navy.
burning fight
PUSHED TOO FAR
1,300 Posts
33/M/PA

October 19 2008 9:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The worse is the gas you get afterwords from whey.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
October 20 2008 10:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

Get apple melon Anabolic Window by Nutrabolics. Drink it after your workout. Nothing tastes better, and it will help you hit your calories.

click here for link

For days that you aren't working out Muscle Milk is definitely a very good choice. They have a million flavors, and nearly all of them taste good. I just got three tubs in GNC for $12.50 each because they were almost expired. Look for those if you get a chance, but you can get it for about $25 on any decent site.

You can find deals at GNC now and then, but fuck them for the most part. The people that work there usually have the same nutrition and workout knowledge as the people that work at Old Navy.

i don't think i can ever drink anything Apple/Melon again after this Isopure powder. Seriously i'm about to throw up right now thinking about it.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 20 2008 12:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Anabolic Window tastes better than Gatorade, Snapple, or anything else that I've had. I was really glad when I first tried it because every other post-workout drink that I've tried tastes like ass, and that is one of the worst times to try and stomach down some ass.
BEERZEBUB
C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
32/M/OH

offline   (9)
October 20 2008 5:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

Anabolic Window tastes better than Gatorade, Snapple, or anything else that I've had. I was really glad when I first tried it because every other post-workout drink that I've tried tastes like ass, and that is one of the worst times to try and stomach down some ass.

ordered. am trying.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 21 2008 4:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Good deal. I don't see why you wouldn't like it. I might try the lemonade flavor someday, but the apple melon is just really dependable. You can use it on your off days, but I wouldn't bother unless you just want a really quick meal replacement.
BEERZEBUB
C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
32/M/OH

offline   (9)
October 22 2008 12:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

Good deal. I don't see why you wouldn't like it. I might try the lemonade flavor someday, but the apple melon is just really dependable. You can use it on your off days, but I wouldn't bother unless you just want a really quick meal replacement.

gonna stick with the muscle milk i've been using for my off days/mornings now.
Ian G.
Time Husk
5,391 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (8)
October 22 2008 12:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think ON whey is the best tasting for the price. ive been milking this EAS whey from Costco (so its like 6 lbs) and its taking me forever to finish. its not that good tasting
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 22 2008 12:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I used to buy that EAS from Sam's. It used to be $25 for 6lbs, now it's $29 for something like 5.2. Sneaky fuckers.

Good call on the Muscle Milk. I do the same thing.
BEERZEBUB
C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
32/M/OH

offline   (9)
October 22 2008 3:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
oh and the apple melon tastes pretty fucking good actually!
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 22 2008 3:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
God damn that's a pretty fucking good protein shake. I don't know if it's worth $48, but it's pretty fucking good.

forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› my whey protein sucks. ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: my whey protein sucks.

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?