all threads All Threads ›› san jose sharks ›› new reply Post Reply
dan the jew

drop a hard J
17,175 Posts
39/M/CA

offline   (4)
November 12 2008 3:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
whoa we're number one ranked in the league....i need to go to some games. i'm sure that won't happen though.
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (2)
November 12 2008 3:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
teams good, but tend to fall off during the playoffs. Big time players who are not big time playoff players.
dan the jew
drop a hard J
17,175 Posts
39/M/CA

offline   (4)
November 12 2008 3:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is true. maybe this is our year though?
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (2)
November 12 2008 3:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
well, you never really know. The team is for sure talented, deep everywhere, but when the leading scorer on the team shits the bed come playoff time, it can spell disaster. I hope for them to do well actually because I really enjoy their play and am a big Joe Thornton fan.
Hallowedbthyname
tekubiforiundo
6,718 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (2)
November 12 2008 5:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thornton isn't really contributing all their scoring so far this season, so it's not nearly as big of a factor going into the playoffs this year if the scoring stays balanced.
JP22
Shark City
7,394 Posts
35/M/CA

offline   (2)
November 12 2008 5:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ive been to every home game but two. The sharks look really solid actually we say this every year but they look better then ever. They have lost 2 games in a row now because were missing nabby, cheechoo, and boyle last night. So they are alittle banged up. Hallowedbythyname- Joe isnt putting up numbers like he usually does but he is still playing outstanding on both ends of the rink imo. And Partick Marleau is doing better because hes on thorntons line. I look for them to bounce back solid after losing 2 games in a row even though we should have won last night against nashville we did out shoot them 59-29 or some shit.
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA

offline   (3)
November 12 2008 5:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sharks game last night was crazy sharks dominated the whole game just missing nabby and boyle, boucher let up a couple softies, especially the game winner, I agree thornton isnt putting up big number but his play on both ends has been great, Marleau is flyin this season, also i think setoguchi had like 15 shots on net last night haha
Program Files
None
8,007 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 12 2008 11:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sharks are doing really well so far!

The new coach got Marleau going.. Boyle is on a roll. The team's got 3 solid lines with Thornton, Marleau and Pavelski as center. Roenick and Blake are good veteran to provide support. Vlasic, Setoguchi, Clowe and Ehrhoff are stepping up as well.

If Michalek and Cheechoo start producing they are probably the best team in the league for sure (or second best to Detroit of course).

*EDIT*

All-star fan balloting is on the way...

I suggest you guys vote for some players that aren't from Montreal. I think it was the dumbest idea ever to put 7 players from Montreal on the ballot. You know people here like hockey... a bit too much. Now Koivu, Tanguay, Kovalev, Markov, Komisarek and Price are in lead for the starting line-up. What a joke.. Only Tanguay and Markov deserve to be there. Dont get me wrong the others are really good too but they aren't all-star this year nor is the habs line-up any close to an all-star line-up..

voted for:

Tanguay, Malkin, Gagné
Markov, Bouwmeester
Lundqvist

Gaborik, Iginla, Koivu
Neidermayer, Boyle
Luongo
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA

offline   (3)
November 12 2008 11:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I voted for:

east
Malkin, Semin, Vanek
Markov, Greene
Lundqvist

west
Marleau, Thornton, Hossa
Boyle, Campbell
Nabokov

haha west is kind of biased but what the hell, also i remember one year the sharks fans voted a ton and got like 3 sharks in the all stars starting line up
all threads All Threads ›› san jose sharks ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: san jose sharks

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?