forum Dorks R Us ›› anybody d/l the xbox update yet? ›› new reply Post Reply
LastOnePicked

in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 19 2008 1:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
What's the deal? Is it gonna break my shit or not?
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,796 Posts
42/M/PA

online   (1)
November 19 2008 1:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i forgot about this until late last night....from what i've read on gaming message boards it's pretty nice....just takes a little to get used to like anything else does.

i will be updating when i get home....i'm looking forward to the Netflix thing since i get movies from them anyway.
.Andy.
strange meat
2,573 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 19 2008 1:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah, i've heard its pretty sweet and runs way better using less resources. I think it looks pretty cool and while i don't have netflix its a pretty bad ass addition
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2008 1:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
haven't been home yet to sign on.
.Andy.
strange meat
2,573 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 19 2008 1:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is a madatory update right?
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2008 1:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the netflix thing will be cool once the party feature is added. If there other people in your friendlist that have netflix you can have up to 4 people in a party watch the movie together and the headsets will work during the film so you can bullshit about the movie together. i don't have netflix but thats kind of cool.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 19 2008 1:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:.Andy.

yes. people have talked about denying the update but then nothing will work for you on live.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 19 2008 1:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
As long as they don't fuck with me being able to watch AVI's on it using a flash drive i'll be happy.

I should probably pick up the 120GB HD at some point if i ever wanna take advantage of the Netflix features.
.Andy.
strange meat
2,573 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 19 2008 1:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

Originally posted by:.Andy.

yes. people have talked about denying the update but then nothing will work for you on live.

i want the update. I was just curious
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,796 Posts
42/M/PA

online   (1)
November 19 2008 1:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:LastOnePicked

As long as they don't fuck with me being able to watch AVI's on it using a flash drive i'll be happy.

I should probably pick up the 120GB HD at some point if i ever wanna take advantage of the Netflix features.

i don't believe it downloads movies to your harddrive anyway...it just requires a high speed network (cable, fios)...i could be wrong but i believe it just streams.

it won't be as good as like blu-ray obviously or a really good HD channel but it will be cool to just watch movies you've seen before again or ones you don't care about watching in a high format.

also i'm interested in the whole loading your games onto the drive for faster loading screens.....also no noise.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 19 2008 1:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:sidney

Originally posted by:LastOnePicked

i don't believe it downloads movies to your harddrive anyway...it just requires a high speed network (cable, fios)...i could be wrong but i believe it just streams.

it won't be as good as like blu-ray obviously or a really good HD channel but it will be cool to just watch movies you've seen before again or ones you don't care about watching in a high format.

also i'm interested in the whole loading your games onto the drive for faster loading screens.....also no noise.

For some reason i was thinking there was some kind of temporary storage required....i just checked, and i'm wrong. I do wanna try the game installations though...i hear it's not a huge difference in load times, but it'd be nice not to have to listen to the drive going all the time.
joe vena
BODYROTT
4,621 Posts
30/M/PA

offline     (6)
November 19 2008 6:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the update is great. looks slick, runs a lot smoother due to less resources being used, and the menus are more organized and less of a hassle to go through. i was kind of iffy about the avatar thing, but it turned out to be fun to make them and see all your friends make them
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 20 2008 7:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i don't know how i feel about this new look. I don't really like the avatar thing but i kind of like the dashboard look. Its going to take some getting used to.
Metal til Im sixty
listen to neurosis
10,733 Posts
34/M/VA

offline   (10)
November 20 2008 8:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the avatar thing is stupid, but everything else is awesome. Netflix thing works like a charm.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,796 Posts
42/M/PA

online   (1)
November 20 2008 8:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
also i tried out the Netflix thing last night and it worked perfectly. I watched a few minutes of Pan's Labyrinth (which i have on HD-DVD) and while obviously the quality was not as good as blu-ray/HD-DVD it was still very good.

and it ran fast....meaning i could fast forward and rewind with little buffering time (maybe 15 seconds if that)
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 20 2008 11:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
meh...the avatar thing'll be pretty useless for me. I don't play any of the games that it'll work with. But i figure cranky old dudes aren't the only people who buy xboxes, so maybe other people will get something out of it.

I'm liking the HD game installation though...Gears of War 2 minus the drive noise is nice.
forum Dorks R Us ›› anybody d/l the xbox update yet? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: anybody d/l the xbox update yet?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?