forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› the weight issue in america ›› new reply Post Reply
kr!styn
natty ice queen
6,660 Posts
29/F/AZ

offline   (30)
December 5 2008 1:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
MMM, BUTTER

Ingredients

* 2 sticks butter
* 2 ounces cream cheese
* Salt and pepper
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
* Peanut oil, for frying

Directions

Cream the butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper together with an electric mixer until smooth. Using a very small ice cream scoop, or melon baller, form 1-inch balls of butter mixture and arrange them on a parchment or waxed paper lined sheet pan. Freeze until solid. Coat the frozen balls in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs and freeze again until solid.

When ready to fry, preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.

Fry balls for 10 to 15 seconds until just light golden. Drain on paper towels before serving.
palealeisgreat
no
4,998 Posts
36/M/AZ

December 5 2008 1:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:kr!styn

MMM, BUTTER

Ingredients

* 2 sticks butter
* 2 ounces cream cheese
* Salt and pepper
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
* Peanut oil, for frying

Directions

Cream the butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper together with an electric mixer until smooth. Using a very small ice cream scoop, or melon baller, form 1-inch balls of butter mixture and arrange them on a parchment or waxed paper lined sheet pan. Freeze until solid. Coat the frozen balls in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs and freeze again until solid.

When ready to fry, preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.

Fry balls for 10 to 15 seconds until just light golden. Drain on paper towels before serving.

wtf, why would anybody eat that?
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 5 2008 7:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
brb, gained 2 lbs from the internet
asking_for_it
Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
December 5 2008 7:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
people need to get outside and fucking do something. if the effort put into all these diet pills and get skinny quick schemes was put forth into education for families, only good nutritious food in schools, and slowly weeding out fast food corporations excessive advertising brainwashing our kids, maybe we wouldn't be obese. people are so unmotivated to put down the tv remote, log off the internet, or shut off the xbox and physically do something for like an hour. it makes me sick knowing that when i was younger i was always outside running around with my friends, playing sports, and just being a kid. kids don't leave the house anymore. my neighborhood used to be crawling with kids everywhere and we all knew eachother. i drive around now and the streets are completely empty.

a little less than a year ago i was at my heaviest 248 pounds and was completely disgusted with myself. i eat right and i exercise 45 minutes to an hour everyday and i'm in the best shape of my life. all it took was discipline, a low fat diet, and a solid year of cardio and weight training. it's amazing what you can attain when you get committed and really set your mind to something. you can do anything. too many americans are afraid of the hard work and discipline dieting and exercising requires.
asking_for_it
Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
December 5 2008 7:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
second point: if you have 45 minutes a day to watch reruns on television, you have 45 minutes to exercise. get your priorities straight.
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
December 5 2008 8:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
seriously, High Fructose Corn Syrup as a substance is THE BIGGEST contributor to obesity in our country. and its beyond just the food, it's also largely the fact that all we drink is shit with HFCS, and it just isn't processed the same way as solid food is where we gain a lot of the nutrients (and burn some of the calories its giving us) in the digestion process. hell, soda itself wasn't that bad before they started using HFCS in the 70's instead of cane sugar.

the 70's was when they started putting HFCS-55 in soda (and pushing it heavily because it was so much cheaper to make), and progressively started to put it into everything known to mankind. the rise of HFCS, especially in drinks, on any kind of line graph sticks very closely to the numbers in the rise of obesity in our nation and worldwide.

this is on top of the rise of fast food and other unhealthy processed bullshit. you do the math.
Mariano Rivera
the sandman
36,573 Posts
9/M/NE

offline   (1)
December 5 2008 9:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
when i cut out sugared soda i lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, i drank it that damn much

stuff is so horrid for your body
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
33/M/CA

offline     (33)
December 5 2008 9:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
srsly.

I love soda, but it's so horrendous for you. people have this preconception that only food (and sorta beer) makes you fat. wrong.
Danforth
some guy
8,949 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (1)
December 5 2008 10:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i only have a few cans a week of sugar-free soda. but then there's the whole "artificial sweetner will kill you" debate.

we lose either way.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 6 2008 2:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
HFCS is terrible for you but you'd be surprised how much food its actually in and has been in for years. Sure its not going to do you any good but putting alot of the blame on HFCS isn't the solution either. The problem mostly lies in inactivity. The lifestyle of sitting in front of the TV instead of playing Cops and Robbers outside is being pushed more and more now. Parents would rather their kids be sitting in front of the TV or playing video games than have to worry about what they are doing outside.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› the weight issue in america ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: the weight issue in america

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?