forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Tips for getting into shape quickly? ›› new reply Post Reply
You Have Killed Me

but i do forgive y
3,900 Posts
35/F/CA

offline   (11)
December 4 2008 1:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have about a month until I have to go to field camp for school and I need to increase my endurance (there will be lots of hiking). Does anyone have tips for safely getting into shape in a short amount of time?
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 4 2008 1:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
running would be a great option. increase your distance and intensity every 3-4 days. By the time you have to hike your body will be used to the workload. If you are doing this on a treadmill you can simulate hills by raising and decreasing the incline throughout the time your a running. If you don't have a treadmill and don't live in a hilly area then find a good set of steps and do sprint sets up and down them.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
December 4 2008 1:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
run to delaware
You Have Killed Me
but i do forgive y
3,900 Posts
35/F/CA

offline   (11)
December 4 2008 1:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm guessing running to delaware would probably take me longer than a month.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 4 2008 2:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
High Intensity Interval Training. Sprinting all out for as long as you can, rest for a minute, sprint all out, rest, repeat until you're wiped. It shouldn't take too long at all. Sprint up hills, jump rope really fast, anything with high intensity. Anybody can run for a long time, but high intensity cardio is what gets you into shape.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
December 4 2008 2:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

High Intensity Interval Training. Sprinting all out for as long as you can, rest for a minute, sprint all out, rest, repeat until you're wiped. It shouldn't take too long at all. Sprint up hills, jump rope really fast, anything with high intensity. Anybody can run for a long time, but high intensity cardio is what gets you into shape.

not everyone can run for a long time. I see tons of people crap out after 5 minutes at the gym. Sure its not as intense as HIIT but working on pace will definitely increase your endurance as well.

HIIT is way harder for the average person than a distance pace run.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 4 2008 2:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
get on a treadmill/elliptical for 4 nights a week. start out at low resistance, and turn the resistance up every minute or so. do this for about 40 minutes.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,801 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 4 2008 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Healthy 24 year olds should go as intense as they can, especially if they're limited on time. I hate cardio so if I can get it done in fifteen minutes instead of forty I'll be happy regardless of how much harder it is. I just think people in general don't workout nearly as hard as they should or are capable of doing.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 4 2008 2:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

Healthy 24 year olds should go as intense as they can, especially if they're limited on time. I hate cardio so if I can get it done in fifteen minutes instead of forty I'll be happy regardless of how much harder it is. I just think people in general don't workout nearly as hard as they should or are capable of doing.

i turn the resistance of the arctrainer up to 100 for 10, 80 for 5, 60 for 10, and 100 for 5 and burn 1000 calories in a half hour
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA

offline   (3)
December 4 2008 3:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
geez i need to start a routine again
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Tips for getting into shape quickly? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Tips for getting into shape quickly?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?