forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES! ›› new reply Post Reply
miss laura

HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (3)
January 27 2009 8:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
you can post ANY recipe you want in this thread. we all know what this forum is about, so do it up.

-Beer recipes
-Food recipes
-Food recipes that involve weed (for you, Lynzie!)

i'll start.
Roasted Garlic Hummus - VERY EASY!

Ingredients:

* 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans (15 oz.)
* 2 tablespoons roasted garlic (more if you're a garlic lover)
* 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano

Preparation:
In a food processor, process beans, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and oregano until desired consistency. If hummus is too thick, simply add olive oil in small increments(i/2 teaspoon) until desired consistency.

Serve roasted garlic hummus garnished with finely chopped parsley with hot pita bread, pita chips, or veggies.
Ace of Spades
here be dragons
9,890 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (10)
January 27 2009 4:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
man, i wish this was stickied a long time ago. i've already spent a jillion hours typing out my fav recipes on here and now they're gone... too much work to retype them all
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (3)
January 27 2009 4:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
oh come on! you're the QUEEN of awesome recipes!
Ace of Spades
here be dragons
9,890 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (10)
January 27 2009 4:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
if we get buckets of snow tomorrow and i'm off maybe. i'm getting so lazy.

gah- who am i kidding, i'll end up posting them anyways just because i love to talk about food.
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (3)
January 29 2009 1:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Pepperoni Dip

ingredients:
1 can cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1 package of cream cheese, softened
pepperoni log
sliced pepperoni (the Hormel stuff is bangin')

combine soup & cheese until well mixed.

cut as much of the log as you want into small cubes (the originator of this recipe uses LOTS... pepperoni in every bite!)

spread into oven safe dish. Top with sliced pepperoni.

bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.

the guy who made this recipe uses bagel pieces to dip, but i find the dip a little too thick for soft bread, it's hard to pick up the pieces of pepperoni.
i serve with pita chips or plain salted bagel chips, hard crunchy chips work better with the consistency.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,550 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (11)
January 29 2009 1:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Buffalo Chicken Dip

I usually make a large amount of this at a time, but here are the basic ingredients:

- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups of shreeded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 bottle of ranch dressing
- 3/4 bottle of Franks buffalo hot sauce
- 8 oz of cream cheese

Boil and then shred the chicken. Mix all ingredients (including chicken) with a mixer (you can use a spoon, but it is a slow/painful process). Place in tin and back at 350 degrees until it feels warm throughout. Serve with tostitos, fritos, or whatever else you fancy.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
211,520 Posts
38/M/PA

online     (23)
January 29 2009 1:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i gained ten pounds reading this
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (3)
January 29 2009 1:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
jess:
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (3)
January 29 2009 2:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
while we're on the subject of truffles...

chocolate goat cheese truffles

6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
6 ounces fresh (mild) goat cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sweetened cocoa powder, sifted

In the top of a double boiler, or in a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water (make sure the water does not touch the bowl), melt the chocolate, stirring until it is smooth.

Set the melted chocolate aside to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.

In a bowl whisk together the goat cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it is light and fluffy.

Whisk in the melted chocolate until it is well combined.

Chill, covered, until it is firm, at least 1 hour.

To form the truffles, take a heaping teaspoon of the chocolate/cheese mixture and lightly roll it into a ball with your hands. (the mixture is REALLY messy, so spray your hands with cooking spray or wear non-latex gloves - the kind without the powder, please.)

Roll the finished truffles in the sifted cocoa powder, set them on to a baking sheet lined with waxed paper, and chill until they are firm, about 30 minutes.

The truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Ace of Spades
here be dragons
9,890 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (10)
January 30 2009 9:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i made the most delicious steak marinade last night.

use with your favorite cut of steak.

STEAK WITH WHISKEY GLAZE

1 tbsp. veg. oil
 1/4 pound bacon, diced
 1 small onion, diced
 1 jalepeno, diced
 1 clove garlic, minced
 1/2 cup chili sauce
 1 tbsp. bouron/whiskey
 1 tbsp. chili paste (or sub with powder)
 1 tbsp. brown sugar
 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
 1 tbsp. worcestershire

salt
 cracked pepper

To prepare glaze, heat oil in large saucepan on high. Add bacon and saute until almost done. Add onion, jalepeno, and garlic and saute until soft (careful not to burn the garlic). Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Marinate steaks in the glaze for 2-4 hours. Then remove steaks from marinade and season with salt and pepper. If you're grilling, brush the steaks with the left over marinade. If cooking in the oven, sear steaks in 1 tbsp. vegetable oil for 2 minute per side. Transfer to a oven safe dish, and pour remaining glaze over steaks and cook an additional 15-20 minutes to desired doneness (depending on the thickness of your steak).

printable card:

berries
Time Husk
2,567 Posts
30/F/MA

February 1 2009 11:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

I'm all about this sticky. Shit. Here's the Watermelon-mango smoothie recipe:

1 ripe mango, cubed
2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 cup ice cubes
1 cup vanilla soy milk
1/4 cup sugar or sweetener of choice

Blend ingredients until smooth! Serves 2-3 people
berries
Time Husk
2,567 Posts
30/F/MA

February 3 2009 12:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Vegan soy ice cream! Easy to make and infinitely customizable.

Equipment:
-- Blender or food processor
-- Ice cream machine (the kind with the tub you chill in the freezer works fine, and they cost less than $50)

Ingredients:
1 tetra box firm silken tofu (like Mori-Nu) or 8 ounces soy yogurt
Between 3/4 to 1 cup plain soy milk
1/3 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup (or a combination)
2 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Combine all 4 main ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until thoroughly combined and smooth. Blend in any desired flavoring ingredients (see below). Pour into your ice cream machine, and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions. For various flavors, add to the food processor:

-- For Banana Soy Ice Cream, blend in 2 ripe bananas.
-- For Strawberry Soy Ice Cream, blend in 12-16 frozen and partially thawed strawberries.
-- For Pineapple Soy Ice Cream, blend in 1 can or 1 cup of pineapple (well drained). You may want more sweetener.
-- For Ginger Soy Ice Cream, add either 1/4 cup preserved ginger or 1 to 2 inches grated fresh ginger (for preserved ginger, add to food processor so it gets ground up).

Use your imagination to come up with new flavors! Flavored liqueurs or syrups are a great way to add punch. Try creme de menthe and chocolate chips, or coffee liqueur, or instant coffee powder!
berries
Time Husk
2,567 Posts
30/F/MA

February 4 2009 12:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Vegan Pumpkin Pie, yum.

MAKE THIS THE DAY BEFORE SERVING. It's needs a day to set really well, I find. This is a spicy filling.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready, one 9" unbaked pastry crust.

Blend in blender:
-- 2 cups solid-pack canned pumpkin (if you use home-cooked pumpkin, drain it for several hours hanging in a cloth bag, so it's thick like canned pumpkin)
-- 1 cup non-dairy milk (preferably a rich soymilk)
-- 3/4 cups brown sugar or Sucanat
-- 1/4 cups cornstarch
-- 1 tablespoon molasses or blackstrap molasses
-- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-- 1 teaspoon vanilla
-- 1/2 teaspoon EACH ground ginger, nutmeg and salt
-- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice or cloves

Pour the filling into the pastry and bake 60 minutes, covering the edges with foil if they begin to brown too quickly. Cool on a rack, then refrigerate overnight before serving
miss laura
HAI MAJIDE
16,197 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (3)
February 5 2009 2:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
trying this for dinner tonight, hopefully it turns out deliciously.

Mom's Turkey Meatloaf

3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup skim milk
1 medium onion, peeled
2 pounds ground turkey breast
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl, stir together the oats and milk. Thinly slice 1/4 of the onion and set aside. Finely chop the remaining onion. In a large bowl combine the turkey, oat mixture, chopped onion, bell pepper, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix just until well combined.

Transfer the mixture to a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and shape into a loaf about 5 inches wide and 2 1/2 inches high. Pour the tomato sauce over the meatloaf and sprinkle with the sliced onions. Bake for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F.

Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 to15 minutes before slicing.
Ace of Spades
here be dragons
9,890 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (10)
February 5 2009 3:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:miss laura

trying this for dinner tonight, hopefully it turns out deliciously.

Mom's Turkey Meatloaf

if you like meatloaf, i have a recipe for you i think you'll love. i make it with the meatloaf mix but of course you could substitute that for any ground meat you like. the sauce you make from the drippings compliments it so well too. i'll have to try to remember to post it for you.
berries
Time Husk
2,567 Posts
30/F/MA

February 6 2009 12:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mock Guac(amole)

This recipe is a great option for those times you want to make guacamole but can only find hard, unripened avocados. The puréed peas absorb all the Tex-Mex flavors of the cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce, so most guests won't even guess the main ingredient.

Ingredients:
-- 4 cups fresh or frozen peas
-- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
-- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
-- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
-- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
-- 1/2 teaspoon salt
-- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Directions:
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas, and cook 15 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Purée in food processor, then press through medium-meshed sieve with back of ladle to separate skins from purée. Then combine pea purée and remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes to develop flavors. Serve with tortilla chips or other Mexican dishes! Makes roughly 2 cups!
forum Do It Yourself Help/Tips ›› YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES! ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES!

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?