forum Dorks R Us ›› Fallout 3 question ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN

Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 2 2009 10:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Do i need to have played Fallout or Fallout 2 to understand what is going on with this game? Or is it like Half-Life where Half-Life 2 really has nothing to do with the first game and only little parts of the previous story are mentioned throughout?
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
33/M/WI

offline   (2)
February 2 2009 10:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
No, but if you have played the prior two there are certain things you'll notice, but nothing important.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 2 2009 10:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
awesome. its going to be my next purchase but i didn't want to jump into a game where i'm lost before i began.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,785 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
February 2 2009 10:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i started playing this game about 1 week ago after getting it for Christmas.

it started out really fucking slow but once you start understanding the game better it gets much better i think.

also i suggest you go to a stie like gamefaq.com and read some of the guides a little. Not so much on what to do with quests but just to understand the game better....the book and the game really do not explain things really well.....also you might actually pick up really useless perks if you don't check out how good they are first.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
33/M/WI

offline   (2)
February 2 2009 10:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I personally believe a guide would ruin your first play through. Having a super character all pre planned out will make the game kind of boring.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 2 2009 11:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i never look at a guide or walkthrough for any game ever. I will cheat only if i get super stuck at a part and can't figure out how to get passed it. But it also takes me a long time of frustration to get me to do that.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,785 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
February 2 2009 11:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Billy Crystals

I personally believe a guide would ruin your first play through. Having a super character all pre planned out will make the game kind of boring.

i'm not saying a super character.

all i'm saying is just to undestand how the game works better.
Lay with the Fallen
Sambo
619 Posts
28/M/PA

offline   (3)
February 3 2009 2:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:sidney

i would agree a super character makes the game boring. but there are points where you may want a guide to find some of the hidden parts in the game.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,785 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
February 3 2009 2:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Lay with the Fallen

Originally posted by:sidney

i would agree a super character makes the game boring. but there are points where you may want a guide to find some of the hidden parts in the game.

that's what i'm saying

because i've read to see and do most of the stuff in the game works out to be like 80 game hours....which is a fucking lot of time...and that is with a guide.
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
February 3 2009 2:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I got yelled at last night cause I turned down sex to complete my quest. Dork xp +10 LOL
forum Dorks R Us ›› Fallout 3 question ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Fallout 3 question

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?