forum Arts & Entertainment ›› LOST ›› new reply Post Reply
billy ray cyrus, MD

slugger
1,781 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
February 17 2009 9:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
o.k., so this is my latest theory on this show: the entire island is some huge spaceship that landed/crashed on earth thousands of years ago and is now covered in jungle. this would explain everything from the four-toed statue and the symbols, to the whole island moving via the mystery 'steering wheel' surrounded by ice deep underground, the smoke monster, the time travel, the cloaking field around the island, ben's transportation to africa, even the healing/ressurecting properties the island has. all are rough equivalents of things seen in other sci-fi shows/movies/books.
LynZie
Time Husk
16,251 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (4)
February 17 2009 9:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
But what about Jin who traveled with the island and was in the water?
billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,781 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
February 17 2009 9:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:LynZie

But what about Jin who traveled with the island and was in the water?

easy [at least to scifi nerds]: he was blown inside the cloaking field of the ship before it moved, or was just in its path when it moved. remember, he was running out of the cabin when the freighter exploded. this would also be in line with the island 'needing' the original people back. the other people on that ship may even just be scattered throughout time.

but him getting 'lost in time' is actually what got me thinking along these lines; that's a rehashing of an old doctor who plotline, and one used in star trek in a few of the time travel episodes. i'm sure this show will do its own spin on the concept, but this is sounding more and more right to me.

Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,423 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (18)
February 17 2009 9:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i hope to get blown inside a cloaking field someday.
also

remember the roaming band of kids in i think it was the first or second season? i wonder when they are going to explain that who deal?
LynZie
Time Husk
16,251 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (4)
February 17 2009 9:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I cant wait till Wednesday!!
jawa
mark cuban
307 Posts
30/M/PA

offline     (2)
February 17 2009 10:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I like this theory...At this point, anything is possible.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,207 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
February 17 2009 11:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:FireBeerMidgets

i hope to get blown inside a cloaking field someday.
also

remember the roaming band of kids in i think it was the first or second season? i wonder when they are going to explain that who deal?

i did'nt think they were just kids but all random people.....some of them were kids though yes (hence the teddy bear).

also i think the whispers in the woods they used to hear in earlier episodes will turn out to be them in the future (well where they are now in the show that is....wathcing themselves)
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
33/M/CA

offline   (3)
February 17 2009 2:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i dont like this theory
ziggy
BarriHaus
5,314 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (1)
February 17 2009 6:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sound possible but at this point I have no clue.
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
33/M/CA

offline   (3)
February 17 2009 6:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: billy ray cyrus, MD

o.k., so this is my latest theory on this show: the entire island is some huge spaceship that landed/crashed on earth thousands of years ago and is now covered in jungle. this would explain everything from the four-toed statue and the symbols, to the whole island moving via the mystery 'steering wheel' surrounded by ice deep underground, the smoke monster, the time travel, the cloaking field around the island, ben's transportation to africa, even the healing/ressurecting properties the island has. all are rough equivalents of things seen in other sci-fi shows/movies/books.

how would this theory explain the four toed statue or symbols??? the symbols are actually hyroglphyics or how ever you spell it, this theory does not explain anything you have stated
billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,781 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
February 17 2009 7:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Philds15

how would this theory explain the four toed statue or symbols??? the symbols are actually hyroglphyics or how ever you spell it, this theory does not explain anything you have stated

errr... aliens could have four toes.

and alien technology could explain everything else, but you have to have actually watched and read science fiction since you were a kid to know this. in the doctor who/stargate worlds, for instance, hyroglyphics are a space language. lol

also, i don't really give a fuck. this is all just entertainment to me.
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
33/M/CA

offline   (3)
February 17 2009 7:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by:Philds15

errr... aliens could have four toes.

and alien technology could explain everything else, but you have to have actually watched and read science fiction since you were a kid to know this. in the doctor who/stargate worlds, for instance, hyroglyphics are a space language. lol

also, i don't really give a fuck. this is all just entertainment to me.

ehhh, not to sure about this, but if it pans out that way good stuff
brian,
husking time
2,038 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (3)
February 17 2009 10:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:existential antelope

Originally posted by:Eric Paradox

ewww get off my screen Damilkster

sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,207 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (1)
February 18 2009 8:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
also if you followed the show from the begining there was a lot of speculation that the show was very loosely based on an old Green Lantern comic where an alien crashed landed on an island thousands of years ago.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,411 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
February 18 2009 8:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
brian,
husking time
2,038 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (3)
February 18 2009 1:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote