all threads All Threads ›› Speaking of the silo ›› new reply Post Reply
XWHISKEYX

Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
April 3 2009 11:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
That place fell off, look for the opening of the croc rock in reading. Dude from mushmouth (chris?) owns it with frank phobia helping out. My friend was there last week and said the place looks incredible.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
April 3 2009 11:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the guy who owned and ran the sound system at the silo pulled his stuff out and put it in the croc rock reading. I think the silo is going to go away soon after the opening of the croc.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
April 3 2009 11:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Andy Drifter

read this wrong. so there making croc rock in reading ?

yeah, and its going to be much bigger with different levels and shit. Kind of like what they did to the chameleon but on a much bigger scale.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,741 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 3 2009 11:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Hymen Holocaust

awesome to hear , getting searched the way i did was a big turn off to me for a hardcore show . plus i could have done what i use to do at the troc and just put a pair of kucks inside my shoe , but im beyond that .

the sound is pretty amazing at the silo though.

Nunchucks or something different?
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 3 2009 2:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

awesome to hear , getting searched the way i did was a big turn off to me for a hardcore show . plus i could have done what i use to do at the troc and just put a pair of kucks inside my shoe , but im beyond that .

I think he meant brass knuckles
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,741 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 3 2009 2:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:NBK

Originally posted by:pahulkster

I think he meant brass knuckles

Yeah probably. That is disappointing.
Matti Frost
The Winter's Wrath
7,923 Posts
46/M/PA

offline     (25)
April 3 2009 2:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
All I know is that I've been trying to book a show at the Silo for months now and Deb won't even return my e-mails, not even to say no. It's that kind of unprofessional crap that's going to make bands flee that place when there's another alternative.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
April 3 2009 3:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I could tell you all kinds od stories about deba nd that place. pudge, Im going to hit you up with some contact info, fuck that place.
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
9/M/PA

offline     (5)
April 3 2009 3:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pudge

All I know is that I've been trying to book a show at the Silo for months now and Deb won't even return my e-mails, not even to say no. It's that kind of unprofessional crap that's going to make bands flee that place when there's another alternative.

It's not worth it dude. The way she runs shows is ridiculous. We did one of her shows and vowed to never do another one. She has shows booked for like 6 months in advance. All ridiculous locals. That's all that place seems to be. With more effort they could turn it into something good since it's a nice venue. Instead you get to see her myspace bulletins "Is I Wrestled A Bear Once worth booking?" Followed by the message, "let me know and if your band thinks it can sell enough tickets to cover their costs! Together we can make this scene work!" As in you do all of my work and I'll make money off of you.

I'm glad the soundman is jumping ship to the new croc rock. That dude definitely knows what he's doing. Awesome dude too. I hope this new croc rock is better than one in Allentown though.
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
9/M/PA

offline     (5)
April 3 2009 3:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Andy Drifter

Originally posted by:pudge

i heard alot bad things about deb. when i was at the silo recently. my friends band couldn't play. they had to pay 250 $ worth of tickets that couldn't be sold. they didn't even play .

If your friend's band didn't sign any sort of contract saying they guaranteed to sell $250 worth of tickets they should have told her to go fuck herself.
Matti Frost
The Winter's Wrath
7,923 Posts
46/M/PA

offline     (25)
April 3 2009 3:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Damn, my story is relatively mild, then.

Basically, we were slated to play one of those local metal shows, like 10 bands. A week or two before she sends us a message saying she has to postpone the show because the guy who won Rockstar INXS wanted to play The Silo on that day.

Now, I could have told her she was going to lose money because nobody is going to pay what, $15 to see some douchebag who couldn't cut it in an 80's pop band, and she was going to have to pay out a big guarantee to this schmuck, while at least with the local metal show she could break even or maybe turn a little profit. But, I figured it wasn't my place, I kept my trap shut and smiled, said no problem, we'll be glad to play anytime you want us to.

It's 4 months later and she hasn't returned one e-mail, one query, nothing. We even offered to put a deposit down in case we didn't draw enough heads, and I haven't heard a thing from her. From what I am reading now, I should be glad I haven't.
all threads All Threads ›› Speaking of the silo ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Speaking of the silo

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?