forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Extremely sore knees ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse

vanilla gorilla
197,907 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
April 15 2009 10:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Anyone have any suggestions to help out with this? The front tendon, sides, and backs are hurting so bad that I can't make it more than 15 minutes on cardio. Its my fault for bringing the mosh at that show last week
John Barlow
Vodka Party
17,778 Posts
63/M/PA

offline     (15)
April 15 2009 10:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Elevate your feet when you lay down. It won't feel natural for a while, but it will help a great deal.
andyc
Time Husk
6,202 Posts
64/M/PA

offline   (1)
April 15 2009 10:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
epsom salt baths in as hot of water as you can stand, for as long as you can stand it.

i occasionally used horse liniment on my elbow when i played baseball when i was especially sore. depending on what you buy, you may have to dilute it. but i used to put some into a towel and wrap it around my arm and knees. its basically extreme icy hot. gets the blood flowing.
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,695 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
April 16 2009 7:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the epsom salt bath is a good idea. same with rubbing bengay on the area. see how that feels for starters. if it starts to bother more easily like just when you walk, then you might want to see a doctor. could have damaged one of your CL's.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
197,907 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
April 16 2009 7:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

the epsom salt bath is a good idea. same with rubbing bengay on the area. see how that feels for starters. if it starts to bother more easily like just when you walk, then you might want to see a doctor. could have damaged one of your CL's.

it's gotten a little better since the show... it doesn't give me much pain when walking except up stairs.

i have tiger balm, that helps a little... and after every cardio session i have been getting in the hot tub so that helps too
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,695 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
April 16 2009 7:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
tiger balm is basically linament oil which is amazing. i'd prefer that shit over bengay or icy-hot.

if its bothering you directly after cardio, it sounds like inflamation. Put ice on it first.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
197,907 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
April 16 2009 8:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
actually directly after cardio it feels better than when i started, and certainly better than when i was actually doing the cardio
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,695 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
April 16 2009 8:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
still try icing it when it hurts...
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
197,907 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
April 16 2009 10:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i rubbed tiger balm on them and came to work today, stinks to high heaven in here
brian.
new cocks
132,133 Posts
30/M/IL

online   (9)
April 16 2009 10:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
foam roll to the knee

you know how to do side-planks? basically do that rolling your knee on the foam roll.
brian.
new cocks
132,133 Posts
30/M/IL

online   (9)
April 16 2009 10:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
can also do it like this

moving left to right when looking at the picture
life/deathnopoint
Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
29/M/NA

offline   (4)
May 5 2009 8:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I had a similar problem when I was trying to rip up/get more defined. If you want to do large amounts of cardio, switch it up and get a lot of variety into your routine. When I was using just a treadmill and eliptical, I had this problem.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
197,907 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
May 5 2009 9:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i blame the mosh.

i am just convinced that i will have to man up and ignore the pain. it doesn't hurt during cardio, just before and after
brian.
new cocks
132,133 Posts
30/M/IL

online   (9)
May 5 2009 9:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:cbrickhouse

i rubbed tiger balm on them and came to work today, stinks to high heaven in here

get nicoflex and stay near a fire extinguisher
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
43,055 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (18)
May 5 2009 10:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i find that biofreeze works better for sore muscles and the like. while tiger balm feels hotter, it doesnt seem to easy the pain like biofreeze does.
yantastic
drink fight win
14,997 Posts
38/M/NJ

offline   (5)
May 5 2009 11:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
start stretching you old fuck..

the soreness comes from tightness around ligaments so that when you strain them what's happening is that their pulling harder against the bone.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Extremely sore knees ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Extremely sore knees

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band