forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Calorie Intake ›› new reply Post Reply
life/deathnopoint

Whatulookinat?
3,285 Posts
29/M/NA

offline   (4)
May 5 2009 6:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
How many calories do you try to intake to achieve your fitness goals?

I'm around 1500 and now trying for 2500. Should be interesting.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,549 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (2)
May 5 2009 11:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't specifically watch calories as much as I try watch macronutrient ratios. As long as I'm getting a lot of protein and some good carbs/fats I'm ok.
Bonsai
lol
5,285 Posts
29/F/PA

offline   (10)
May 5 2009 11:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't really have a specific caloric goal, just a range where I seem to do best. Anything under 1400 is a no go, so as long as I'm above that, I'm good. (Old habits die hard... still have a tendency to skip meals and it's pretty easy for me to "forget" to eat for a day or two. I'm obviously retarded.) But like pahulkster, I pay much more attention to macros than calories. I try to keep my protein intake over 150g, healthy fats at least 25% of my total daily caloric intake, negligible amounts of high GI carbs, and overall carb ratio as low as possible most days.

I've been completely anal about logging everything for the past 6-7 months, and I've only gone over 2000 calories/day three or four times. I tend to be between 1500-1800 most days, which seems to be working relatively well for my current goals. I can't really imagine eating much more than that (clean, anyway) since it's sometimes a pain in the ass just to hit 1500.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
199,501 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 6 2009 8:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i take in around 22-2500 every day. it's around 600-700 below my maintainance
XWHISKEYX
NoCareEver
36,703 Posts
63/M/NA

offline   (22)
May 6 2009 9:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ive been to damn lazy to really watch how many calories and macros I take in. I eat waaay healthier than before and cut my portions down significantly and thanks to this forum have been starting my day with protein for the last few months. I need to research a little more.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
199,501 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 6 2009 10:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: XWHISKEYX

Ive been to damn lazy to really watch how many calories and macros I take in. I eat waaay healthier than before and cut my portions down significantly and thanks to this forum have been starting my day with protein for the last few months. I need to research a little more.

what is your diet like. i will analyze it
XWHISKEYX
NoCareEver
36,703 Posts
63/M/NA

offline   (22)
May 6 2009 11:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
okay, I will list what I ate yesterday:

breakfast: protein bar (20g), banana, black coffee
lunch: baked tortilla chips and unsalted peanuts in the shells with hot green tea (no sugar or milk)
dinner: one bowl of chili with a piece of garlic bread

other than that I had a glass or two of regular turkey hill iced tea, a lot of water and a protein shake after I worked out.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
199,501 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 6 2009 11:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
looks to me like you're not eating enough calories, and def not enough fiber. fiber helps keep you full longer. if your body doesn't get enough calories it may starve itself, thats a problem i ran into. your lunch also looks very weak. bulk it up with a green leafy salad and throw as many veggies as you can in it.. carrots.. spinach.. cucumbers.. peppers.. etc. that will add a ton of fiber. add a protein source for lunch too, maybe grill some meat the night before (turkey or chicken are best) then take the leftovers for lunch.

try a smoothie in the morning. more fiber, and pretty much 1/2 the vitamins you need for the day
JessiSnow
PA R-T3
15,681 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (1)
May 6 2009 11:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Bonsai

I've been completely anal about logging everything for the past 6-7 months, and I've only gone over 2000 calories/day three or four times. I tend to be between 1500-1800 most days, which seems to be working relatively well for my current goals. I can't really imagine eating much more than that (clean, anyway) since it's sometimes a pain in the ass just to hit 1500.

I've been really good about keeping track of what I eat this year. I may use these logs to get a doctor or nutritionist or someone to figure out why I'm so weird. I'm weird for a million reasons, but one is that I consume at least 2800-3200 calories every day. I have done so since cutting back from almost 4000/day in high school. I'm a freak.
XWHISKEYX
NoCareEver
36,703 Posts
63/M/NA

offline   (22)
May 6 2009 11:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

looks to me like you're not eating enough calories, and def not enough fiber. fiber helps keep you full longer. if your body doesn't get enough calories it may starve itself, thats a problem i ran into. your lunch also looks very weak. bulk it up with a green leafy salad and throw as many veggies as you can in it.. carrots.. spinach.. cucumbers.. peppers.. etc. that will add a ton of fiber. add a protein source for lunch too, maybe grill some meat the night before (turkey or chicken are best) then take the leftovers for lunch.

try a smoothie in the morning. more fiber, and pretty much 1/2 the vitamins you need for the day

I like the salad idea, and I need to get some grilled meat going for lunch as well. I need to button down this eating thing.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
199,501 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 6 2009 12:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:XWHISKEYX

Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

I like the salad idea, and I need to get some grilled meat going for lunch as well. I need to button down this eating thing.

took me almost 4/5 months to get into a routine. just remember that you don't have to starve yourself, you just have to fill yourself up with the right kinds of foods. and treating yourself on weekends is the way to go. if you think of it less like a diet and more like a permanent way of doing things you'll be well off.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Calorie Intake ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Calorie Intake

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band