forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› l-carnatine + l-glutamine ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse

vanilla gorilla
198,742 Posts
35/M/PA

online     (23)
May 21 2009 11:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
anyone else supplement with these ever? i'm giving them a shot.

click here for link
click here for link
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,981 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (19)
May 21 2009 12:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i used to put a serving of glutamine powder in all my protein shakes and then i realized that my protein was loaded with it. It's good for protein synthasis, gastrointestinal function, and its considered a "brain food". So there are benefits of taking it.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
198,742 Posts
35/M/PA

online     (23)
May 21 2009 12:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
my protein doesn't have it, i checked. and it def. doesn't have carnatine.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,497 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (2)
May 21 2009 5:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Your protein has glutamine even if it isn't listed. Every complete protein has glutamine in it, along with many other amino acids. There are better amino acids to supplement with instead of glutamine. Extra leucine will do much more for you as far as adding muscle goes.

I'm trying out l-carnatine as well, so I'll let you know in a month or so. I'm stacking it with CLA in fairly high doses to try and aid in body recomp.
Bonsai
lol
5,284 Posts
29/F/PA

online   (10)
May 21 2009 5:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I use XTEND, which is a mix of BCAAs including glutamine. And there's also glutamine in the protein I use.

I've been playing around with a fat burner for the past couple weeks that contains l-carnitine. There's caffeine and some random herbs/amino acids/alkaloids thrown in as well though, along with CLA in one of the protein powders I use... so I can't really comment on their individual effectiveness, but I certainly don't have any complaints. No negative sides that I've noticed, and I'm usually sensitive to just about everything.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
198,742 Posts
35/M/PA

online     (23)
May 22 2009 9:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

Your protein has glutamine even if it isn't listed. Every complete protein has glutamine in it, along with many other amino acids. There are better amino acids to supplement with instead of glutamine. Extra leucine will do much more for you as far as adding muscle goes.

I'm trying out l-carnatine as well, so I'll let you know in a month or so. I'm stacking it with CLA in fairly high doses to try and aid in body recomp.

i am actually going to give CLA+carntatine a shot as well
Mrs.P
LEFT HAND BLACK
12,566 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (19)
May 22 2009 9:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm using l-carnatine + CLA.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
198,742 Posts
35/M/PA

online     (23)
May 22 2009 9:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jack Bauer - CTU

hows it working out for you? i already have my carnatine and my cla is on the way
Mrs.P
LEFT HAND BLACK
12,566 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (19)
May 22 2009 9:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:cbrickhouse

Originally posted by: Jack Bauer - CTU

hows it working out for you? i already have my carnatine and my cla is on the way

Pretty good. This is really the first time I am seeing the fat loss in my stomach area (which has always been my problem area).
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› l-carnatine + l-glutamine ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: l-carnatine + l-glutamine

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band