forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› recovery between workouts ›› new reply Post Reply
nobodygotstylelikeus

Time Husk
7,753 Posts
M/NA

offline   (8)
June 24 2009 9:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I recently switched my rep routine in my workout from lower weight/higher rep to higher weight/lower rep.

Since the switch I have found that my soreness has increased post workout. This has affected my performance on workout days later in the week. I normally workout 4 days a week (M, T, TH, Sat or Sun)

Any recommendations on increasing recovery? Natural is preferred.

Thanks
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,693 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
June 24 2009 9:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Maybe the change was too drastic. If you just did it recently maybe go to a middle ground for a short time to let you body get adjusted to the heavier lifts.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,456 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (2)
June 24 2009 2:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There are some things you can do, but soreness is pretty much just part of lifting life. Stretching post-workout can help reduce soreness, and is good to do anyway. Getting enough protein is helpful because it aids in muscle repair. Eating pineapple after a workout has helped me a little. It has an enzyme in it that reduces inflammation. Contrast baths/showers are said to help, but I've never tried.

Any newer workout style is likely to cause new soreness too so that may just be it. Generally though, you'll always have some DOMS to deal with. I did legs on Friday, and today is the first day since that I didn't wake up with sore legs (and that wasn't even a great leg workout).
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› recovery between workouts ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: recovery between workouts

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band