forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Recovery drinks ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN

Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
June 24 2009 9:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is one thing i've always been clueless about.

What are good recovery shakes/drinks that i should look into. Normally i just stick with protein post-workout but after something intense i feel like i need something more.

I drank one recovery RTD in my entire life and it tasted like i was drinking cherry flavored canola oil.
John Barlow
Vodka Party
17,778 Posts
68/M/PA

offline     (15)
June 24 2009 9:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The Humdinger:

1 part bourbon
3 parts Pepto-Bismol
Twist of lime
Masturbate

You'll be good as gold in about 20 minutes.
existential antelope
down and out
5,345 Posts
35/M/WA

offline   (7)
June 24 2009 11:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
honestly, all i drink after a hard bike ride is water... and it works fine for me. pretty boring i know, but i'd rather not spend money on any post-workout beverage.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
June 24 2009 12:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well i'm not looking do dish out lots of money on a bunch of RTD's, more looking for some sort of powder or even if there is a good mix of fruits/veggies along with protein concoction that i can make.

I just know that somedays i perform like complete shit because i didn't recover from the last workout.
$$$ ERIK $$$
Time Husk
7,868 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline   (7)
June 24 2009 1:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sometimes I'll throw together a shake with 50grams of whey protein, a banana, frozen strawberries, and skim milk. Usually after having that, the next day I'm pretty much golden.
XSnakeX
thor
193 Posts
34/M/NJ

offline   (1)
June 24 2009 1:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
wren, best answer is BSN's Cellmass.
i've tried so many and this one i find works the best.
1 scoop immdeiately after working out.
then some whey a half hour or so later
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
June 24 2009 2:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
doesn't that stuff have a shit ton of creatine in it though? i already take N.O-Xplode and don't really want to intake that much creatine. Also it's not good for me with trying to cut weight.

if it has no creatine in it, then i'll give it a shot.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (14)
June 24 2009 2:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
what is that one they always show on commercials that you have to drink within 30 minutes of your workout?
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
June 24 2009 2:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
you have to drink almost any recovery drink within 30 minutes of your workout.

I just did some research. I want to try Endurox. Anyone personally try it? Results?
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,726 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
June 24 2009 3:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Anabolic Window is the only post-workout supplement I'd really recommend, but that is mainly just because it tastes amazing. It's just your standard protein/carbs/extra BCAA supplement. That is pretty much all you need post-workout. I think carbs are just as important as protein right after you train. Right now I'm just using those single Gatorade mix packs, and regular whey protein. The Gatorade powder is actually nutritionally better than regular Gatorade, and they are much cheaper. I'll do about 50 grams of protein, and at least 50 grams of carbs right after a workout.
nobodygotstylelikeus
Time Husk
8,368 Posts
F/NA

offline   (1)
July 20 2009 8:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

i already take N.O-Xplode and don't really want to intake that much creatine.

Do you order this online or buy in store? I'm interested in trying it out but don't feel like paying the 60+ price tag I'm seeing.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 20 2009 11:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I picked it up in a store but it was on sale. I think the container was $34 when i bought it.

But check prosource.net

they usually have decent prices and always have sales.
nobodygotstylelikeus
Time Husk
8,368 Posts
F/NA

offline   (1)
July 21 2009 12:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

I picked it up in a store but it was on sale. I think the container was $34 when i bought it.

But check prosource.net

they usually have decent prices and always have sales.

actually just checked gnc online, and they have a print out coupon for 31.99 that expires today.

Thanks
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 21 2009 12:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I would suggest taking a suggested on the box. One scoop on an empty stomach should be sufficient to start out with. Being not used to it you will get a huge rush of energy the first few times you take it. After a week that energy doesn't hit you near as much.
nobodygotstylelikeus
Time Husk
8,368 Posts
F/NA

offline   (1)
July 22 2009 8:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

I would suggest taking a suggested on the box. One scoop on an empty stomach should be sufficient to start out with. Being not used to it you will get a huge rush of energy the first few times you take it. After a week that energy doesn't hit you near as much.

started off with about 3/4 due to the caffeine. I have pretty much cut out all caffeine in my diet and was reluctant to have that much before the gym.

Overall, definitely felt more focused and felt like I could keep lifting when I completed my workout. It seems like a good thing to have especially when working 60+ hours a week and trying to make it to the gym at least 4 times a week.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 22 2009 9:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i love the stuff. Alot of people thinks its a waste of money but outside of protein its the only supplement i'll use because i truly believe that it works for me.

Once i'm done the container though i don't touch it for 2-3 months though. Mostly because thats about how often it drops significantly in price on a sale.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Recovery drinks ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Recovery drinks

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?