forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Fitness advice for everyone. ›› new reply Post Reply
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,780 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
August 12 2009 10:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I really have very little faith in most personal trainers. I've overheard some retarded things in gyms, and have had people tell me a few that are even worse. One guy told me not to do deadlifts because the back doesn't have enough muscles to support it. This is when I was pretty new to training, and even then I had to facepalm. I think a lot of the blame lies with their clients though. People have to try and keep a business going, but at the same time they really just need to tell their customers to stop being fat lazy bastards. Hard to balance that sort of thing.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,873 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
August 12 2009 10:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the trainers at the y are fresh out of high school regular gym staff. probably trained in a three day course. i meanwhile have been working out all my life, and my first word of advice would be to say that when you lift, do not keep your back straight. if you allow your back to bend it will force it to get stronger. also lifting in a jerky, sideways halting motion really helps get your back ripped. always drop the weights, and when benching, always put 25 more lbs on than your previous weeks max, because your body will get stronger faster. and never use a spotter, they will just drop the weights on you anyway.
Barabbas
The Trouble Maker
10,450 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (10)
August 12 2009 10:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
one of the trainers at my old gym od'd on a speedball.

i actually have a personal trainer on my payroll but his job is only to motivate me with a bamboo strikes, and the old billiard ball in the sock routine for abdominal stress testing. not give advice.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,873 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
August 12 2009 10:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
if i want advice i will come on the pahc message boards. what does a trainer know except for how to deep throat a tubesteak in the locker room
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Fitness advice for everyone. ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Fitness advice for everyone.

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?