forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› workout grouchiness ›› new reply Post Reply
XWHISKEYX

NoCareEver
36,703 Posts
63/M/NA

offline   (22)
July 8 2009 11:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Does anyone get excessively grouchy when they work out? Lately I have been getting to the point where I almost have to leave the gym out of fear of doing something stupid. This is especially true during the time that I am doing cardio. Every little thing pisses me off to the point that Ive caught myself starting to bitch under my breath. things from people talking constantly with their friends while they work out to assholes not wiping machines down when they are done. The other day the treadmill I was on was squeaking and I damn near started stomping my foot through it. Also, now that I have begun putting more time into lifting and increasing my weight, that goddamn lunk alarm at planet fitness is beginning to become a problem for me. Maybe I'm just an asshole?
brian.
new cocks
132,480 Posts
30/M/IL

offline   (9)
July 8 2009 11:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i would never in my life even think of working out at this "planet fitness" place. seems like a gym for old women and soccer players. lunk alarm? gtfo
John Barlow
Vodka Party
17,778 Posts
63/M/PA

offline     (15)
July 8 2009 11:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sounds like you need to lay off the muscle juice.
c-wizard
C-Wizard
4,191 Posts
27/M/OH

offline   (9)
July 8 2009 11:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: John Barlow

Sounds like you need to lay off the muscle juice.

WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,943 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (19)
July 8 2009 11:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I always feel pretty amazing at the gym. Working out whether its lifting or MMA related, is possibly my biggest stress reliever. I don't get wrapped up in what other people are doing unless it's directly affected me and my workout. And if it is, i just do what i can to avoid it from continuing to bother me.

If i worked out at Planet Fitness though i'd execute myself because of all their dumb little rules.
Davey.
Iron Hog
40,569 Posts
28/M/NA

offline   (13)
July 8 2009 11:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: VISIONARY

Originally posted by: John Barlow

Sounds like someone needs a cuddle.

cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
198,572 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (23)
July 8 2009 11:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i usually feel great after a workout
XWHISKEYX
NoCareEver
36,703 Posts
63/M/NA

offline   (22)
July 8 2009 11:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Other than the lunk alarm (which isnt always an issue unless I feel like being a caveman when I'm lifting) the fact that I work out at planet fitness really has nothing to do with my issue. I think maybe its just some antisocial shit mixing in with my general temperment thats creating my problem. I try not to pay attention to other people but sometimes if I see something it just pisses me off. Last night out of like 30 treadmills these 2 little teens decided to work out right next to me and they were all color coordinated and had their little pony tails done up and were on the treadmill set at like 2 for 45 minutes. The entire time they were there, they were yapping and laughing non fucking stop and at one point the one chick gets on her cell phone. It was just annoying having to deal with that. I need to start taking an ipod with me to help tune that sort of shit out.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,487 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (2)
July 8 2009 11:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
FUCK Planet Fitness in their overly puckered bigot assholes. $10 a month or not, they deserve zero business. You know there is a problem when your gym scolds you for exerting yourself.

Aside from working out in a pussy gym you might be getting irritable from having low blood sugar. There are times when I don't eat and snap at the smallest things.
XWHISKEYX
NoCareEver
36,703 Posts
63/M/NA

offline   (22)
July 8 2009 11:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
low blood sugar? I didn't think about that, so maybe I need to make sure I eat before?
carlos danger
something
23,430 Posts
25/M/ME

offline   (1)
July 8 2009 12:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
No. I do get workout Grouchoness though.

pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,487 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (2)
July 8 2009 12:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's definitely worth trying. I turn into a moody woman when it happens to me.
Matti Frost
The Winter's Wrath
7,882 Posts
41/M/PA

offline     (24)
July 8 2009 2:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:XWHISKEYX

Also, now that I have begun putting more time into lifting and increasing my weight, that goddamn lunk alarm at planet fitness is beginning to become a problem for me. Maybe I'm just an asshole?

No, you're someone who shouldn't be working out in a gym that's not designed for you.

PF is designed for a certain clientelle. Guys like you and me, we walk in and they hit the lunk alarm before we even touch a weight. Sure, membership is pretty cheap, but the price is your eternal soul.

Get the hell out of that gym, man.
Matti Frost
The Winter's Wrath
7,882 Posts
41/M/PA

offline     (24)
July 8 2009 2:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:XWHISKEYX

low blood sugar? I didn't think about that, so maybe I need to make sure I eat before?

I always eat prior to a workout, I try and time it so I am done eating 45 minutes before my first set.

You can wait until after a cardio workout to eat if you want, but I wouldn't lift on an empty stomach.
Hallowedbthyname
tekubiforiundo
6,718 Posts
26/M/PA

offline     (2)
July 8 2009 2:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I never get pissed at the gym, I'm always feeling really good and happy when I lift and do cardio or train at the dojo. I find it absolutely hilarious though to watch guys walk by with a tough guy/pissed off look on their face. *Edit* I also always make sure I eat about a half hour to 45 min. before my first set, and properly hydrate
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,943 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (19)
July 8 2009 3:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:HughMotherFuckinHef

uh..what is a lunk alarm?

If you grunt at Planet Fitness they buzz some stupid alarm because they look at that as "showing off". I didn't know that actually pushing yourself in the gym was a sign of showing off. it's news to me.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› workout grouchiness ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: workout grouchiness

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band