forum Politics and Society ›› Jesus Christ and Public Healthcare ›› new reply Post Reply
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (26)
July 9 2012 8:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

Originally posted by: Kadesh

Originally posted by: crunkmoose

Also, Matt.. refusing to obey your god's laws about homosexuality (that they must be stoned to death) doesn't make you a good christian. It does, however, make you a better human being. Jesus said he did not come to change the law, but to fulfill it.

Do you think I should also be making "burnt sacrifices" for my sins on occasion? Am I bad for not doing that? The bible says that, might as well....

Does the bible actually say you shouldn't?

The discussions turned all theological, sorry about that. I would take it to a more personal location but moosey banned me from his page, feel free to not read......

The bible doesn't say that "burnt offerings" should go away but It says that Jesus is the true sacrifice, in 1 peter 2:5. The bible does say....

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."-matthew 5:17

There are alot of laws in the bible that God made for the Jews to follow. Why those laws for them? Why not the rest of the world? I think some of the laws were specifically for the Jews at that time and space, they were going through the desert, because they are his "chosen people," to bring the Christ to redeem the world. They needed some way to stay safe from the uncleanliness of living and such. The reality is that Christ is the true sacrifice for us all if we take His sacrifice as our payment. God's a gentlemen, He doesn't force it on us. Hell wasn't made for us, it was made for Satan and His demons. We "choose" to go with him when we reject God's gateway through Christ. We choose to reject him.

I don't know, do what you want bro.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,504 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 10 2012 12:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
"I think some of the laws were specifically for the Jews at that time and space, they were going through the desert, because they are his "chosen people," to bring the Christ to redeem the world. "

Like the law that required murdering gays.

"They needed some way to stay safe from the uncleanliness of living and such. "

And he never bothered to tell them simple shit like "wash your fucking hands". No, he included lots of things about cleanliness that are either blindingly obvious... because how the fucking fuck else did they live for all the time BEFORE god decided to get in touch with Moses?... and lots of shit that had nothing whatsoever to realistically do with cleanliness.

"We "choose" to go with him when we reject God's gateway through Christ. We choose to reject him. "

I don't CHOOSE not to believe in your god. Your god didn't leave much in the way of actual objective proof that he exists. Emotion doesn't convince me. Testimony doesn't convince me. Not knowing the answers to questions doesn't convince me... especially given how many times we haven't known answers, religious people threw up their hands and just said "god must have done it!", and then we found the actual answer.. which was not god. How many times did that happen when we found answers? Oh yeah... EVERY time.

You want to believe.. thats fine with me. But don't treat me like I am a child simply because we don't share the same invisible friend and don't treat me like I am willfully ignoring something simply because there is no real proof that actually convinces me. As you yourself said.. you can only point the way. We have to WANT to believe. I guess thats where the problem lies for me... I don't WANT to believe things that can't be proven. I don't tend to WANT to believe any particular thing BEFORE looking at the evidence for it.. at least not to the point needed for something like a god.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (26)
July 10 2012 1:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm not trying to convince you of a thing bro. I could come back with stuff & debate this junk but over the past years that will just make you me & people angry. We should take this convo "outside" the thread. I'll just say you are just as stubborn as me. You need to be aware though,that a good deal of our modern cleanliness,came from jewish practices. Washing hands before you eat & cutting the foreskin off baby boys & such...just saying.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,353 Posts
31/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
July 10 2012 2:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Before Jewish people nobody washed their hands. The ancient Egyptians actually ate their own shit.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,504 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 10 2012 8:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
"You need to be aware though,that a good deal of our modern cleanliness,came from jewish practices. Washing hands before you eat & cutting the foreskin off baby boys & such...just saying."

Circumcision does not actually promote cleanliness in any realistic fashion and it is a monstrous practice of child genital mutilation. ... and as Davey pointed out, washing your hands before you eat? You think people needed divine revelation for that???

Its not that I am stubborn.. its that I require actual proof.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

July 10 2012 11:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
You argue everything. This society doesn't do things medically unless it is good health. With the foreskin on,you're more able to get infected and infect.
I don't need to argue.... http://www.lifemeanshealth.com/health-articles/sexual-health/cardinal-information-about-cleanliness-and-circumcision.html
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,353 Posts
31/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
July 10 2012 11:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
'with the foreskin on'
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,504 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 10 2012 12:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"This society doesn't do things medically unless it is good health."

Aaaand.. you are wrong.

Also, know how to get the same results as circumcision? CLEAN YOUR FUCKING DICK!

"The practice of circumcision is usually done for healthful and not remedial reasons. too much people believe that it is more good health or at least it is simpler to care for penile if it is circumcised."

From the article. I also love how the author of the piece is named "contributor".

See, Matt... THIS is what people are talking about when they say you should be more careful with which sources you choose to believe. You went to google and looked for an article supporting your position.. which it is highly unlikely you had actually researched before, and you did so not because you knew anything about the topic, but because you wanted to back up your religion... so accuracy, decent sources, intellectual honesty all took a back seat to your greater cause of... religion!
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,474 Posts
33/M/PA

July 10 2012 12:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This has nothing to do,with religion,except with jews. I doubt either of us are one.....you and "religion phobia." Cleanliness,that's it.walking
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,504 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 10 2012 2:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kadesh

This has nothing to do,with religion,except with jews. I doubt either of us are one.....you and "religion phobia." Cleanliness,that's it.walking

Except that it has nothing to do with cleanliness. Thats not conjecture.. that is science. Seriously.. ask yourself... how the fucking fuck did people even survive much less found complex and relatively advanced societies like the Egyptians and the Greeks before and wholly without this divine revelation from your god about washing your fucking hands, cutting up the cocks of infants, and killing gays?

I'm not sure which you are more ignorant of... hygiene or history.
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,430 Posts
39/M/NY

offline   (4)
March 31 2013 6:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,430 Posts
39/M/NY

offline   (4)
November 27 2013 8:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the real elephant in the room that takes a back seat in the discussion too often, isn't that the cost of insurance is too high, it's that the medical industry in this country is so corrupt that we're getting insanely overcharged for all the actual things it provides, everything from procedures to gauze pads. one of the talking points that comes up all the time is that too many things like c.t.'s that cost over $1500 get done: well yeah, at $1500 bucks, but in canada, they cost $124 [not what people are charged, what they actually cost to do]. at that price, imaging is never an issue and they run them all the time and have a better record at catching diseases long before they get untreatable and consequently have better outcomes. all this gets lost in the shitstorm of bullshit rhetoric.

fuck the insurance companies, but fuck the price gouging medical industry even more.

anyway, csmonitor was good enough to publish a few easy to understand graphics on related subjects:

more

click here for link
Dianana
8====D
65,391 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (8)
November 27 2013 9:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Davey.

'with the foreskin on'

lol
forum Politics and Society ›› Jesus Christ and Public Healthcare ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Jesus Christ and Public Healthcare

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?