forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› iron gym pull up bar ›› new reply Post Reply
asking_for_it

Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
September 7 2009 2:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
anyone own/ever use one of these things? i don't have anywhere to do pullups/chinups in my apartment and due to differences with the landlord would rather not screw or bolt anything into the door frame. just wondering if there were any thoughts and if this really works like rich franklin swears it does; it doesn't seem like it's all that sturdy and i'd rather not waste the 30 bucks.

also, the whole "dip" option is seemingly pointless since your range of motion is like 4 inches off the ground.
drunkship
Spliffwizard
3,705 Posts
34/M/CO

offline   (3)
September 7 2009 4:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
they use them to train terrorists.
Barabbas
The Trouble Maker
10,450 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (10)
September 7 2009 11:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Is money an object? Newyork barbell sells a tds pullup / dip station for I think 200 for low clearance ceilings. It has a regular dip handles and a wide pullup bar. I love it. I wear the dip belt and rep out like that. Best money I have spent. That doorway shit is ghetto.

On the blackberry but I'll link that shit up when I get home.
asking_for_it
Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
September 7 2009 1:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Barabbas

Is money an object? Newyork barbell sells a tds pullup / dip station for I think 200 for low clearance ceilings. It has a regular dip handles and a wide pullup bar. I love it. I wear the dip belt and rep out like that. Best money I have spent. That doorway shit is ghetto.

On the blackberry but I'll link that shit up when I get home.

that'd be awesome. i'd love to look at this.
Barabbas
The Trouble Maker
10,450 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (10)
September 7 2009 5:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is it here... I wanted a full chinning stand and it was the only one i could find to work with a 7' basement ceiling. It's pretty sturdy for the money. Took like 30 minutes to put together. I paid $199 for it. It is listing right now for $229. My only gripe is that the dipping handles don't flare out into a V for targeting chest but I guess you can't have everything.

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/8130.html

click here for link

I'm 5'8 200lbs and it suits me well. You do have to bend your knees to pull up but I'd imagine you'd have to do that with most indoor pull up units.
asking_for_it
Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
September 7 2009 10:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is very similar to an apparatus we have where i train. really can't beat the price and it would fit perfect in the corner of my basement...i'm gonna sleep on it, but ultimately i think i'll be buying this tomorrow.

i just don't really trust the reviews on websites for the no-need-for-screws, removable, doorway style pull up/chin bars and because i live in an apartment i can't really just go bolting shit into the walls. good call on this, i appreciate it.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,780 Posts
36/M/PA

online   (1)
September 7 2009 11:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
My friend has an Iron Gym that he likes a lot. I've never tried it, but he says it works fine. He is like 130lbs, but I don't think extra weight would make any difference. If anything it might make it hold better.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› iron gym pull up bar ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: iron gym pull up bar

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?