forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› P90x - anybody tried it? ›› new reply Post Reply
Mechanical Birds

i am the sun
11,949 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 28 2009 5:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm downloading it right now haha. i own a weight bench as well, with about 120 lbs. of weights and a 15 lb. bar, plus a set of hand weights with about 15 lbs. on each one. i'm gaining weight at an alarming rate, and pretty much dead-set on getting in shape and healthy again. i have like, 4 good friends who have all done adkins coupled with a lot of exercise and each of them have lost at least 100 lbs, and that's my goal. i'd like to lose 100 lbs by august, and 70 by june 1st. from what i've read, this P90X thing is probably like the best video-based workout program. anybody else tried it? i'm doing a cleanse starting today coupled with a liquid diet for this first week, hopefully i jam out some results.
bathtub_shitter
EP1C W1N
442 Posts
28/M/TX

offline   (5)
October 28 2009 6:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,197 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (18)
October 28 2009 6:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm actually going to do a day to day review on it come feb. there are numerous sites with the same but its only the workout. no one follows the nutritional guide so i'm doing the workout and diet. i had to lose 40lbs before i even thought about doing this. very hard workout program
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,949 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 28 2009 6:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah that's what i'm hoping for! i wanna do a lot of intense stuff that doesn't require a lot of money, so this seemed perfect.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,197 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (18)
October 28 2009 6:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:3,000 piece McNugget

yeah that's what i'm hoping for! i wanna do a lot of intense stuff that doesn't require a lot of money, so this seemed perfect.

its a crazy workout...just the pull up parts alone will kill you
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,949 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 28 2009 8:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah i've never ever been able to do pullups, nor can i afford a pullup bar. is there an exercise i can do in its place? i was thinking lateral press.
Bonsai
lol
5,285 Posts
29/F/PA

offline   (10)
October 28 2009 10:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:bathtub_shitter

synthol fail
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,533 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (2)
October 28 2009 11:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Don't worry about a cleanse and the liquid diet shit. All you are going to do is derail yourself before you even start. There are no quick fixes, there are no magic potions, there are no shortcuts.

If you are really overweight pretty much anything will work as long as you do it consistently and intensely.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,949 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 28 2009 11:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
weird coming back to my computer double post.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,949 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 28 2009 11:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i also smoke cigarettes, and have no plans on quitting haha. i did something quick today, because it was all i had time for. but i did 5 sets of 15 butterflies, 4 sets of 12 bent over curls, 3 sets of 15 behind-head-raises(?) and 100 situps. probably nothing, but i didn't take breaks and it took about 20 minutes and i felt pretty winded after, so it's a start, right? it felt really good, and i wanna get really into it. would it be a bad idea to do adkins with an intense workout added to it? i wanna get TRIMMM son. i have no idea how much i even weigh at this point, but the years spent doing jack shit but getting high and eating like an asshole and laying around and fucking girls have made me feel sluggish. i'm a 20 year old, very good looking, male who should be in the best physical condition of his life. i just feel like and look like a fucking gorilla though.

GETTIN TA WORK!
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,533 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (2)
October 29 2009 4:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Do you have any interest in joining a gym? You have to be pretty self disciplined to work out at home, and be consistent with it. Videos like P90X help, but a lot of people slack at home.

I don't really know much about Atkins, but it seems like your basic ketogenic diet. They are good for short term fat loss, but unhealthy as a permanent lifestyle change. The bottom line is calories in versus calories out. Eat better foods in smaller amounts, workout more, you'll lose weight.

Of course I would say to quit smoking, but it's not necessary if you really don't want to. It's just going to make things harder. My friend lost 100+lbs over about a year, and he smokes a lot. He also works really hard, and is diligent about being in the gym.

Once you get a little more used to lifting start getting serious. Heavy compound movements build muscle, require more cardio effort, and burn more calories. If you are sticking to working out at home get a proper Olympic barbell set. You can do tons of stuff with just a barbell and plates, and if you have a bench it's even better.

For cardio the best thing you can do is very high intensity work. If you are really overweight it will take time to work into this.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,949 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 29 2009 1:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i only planned on doing adkins until i reach my goal, and then just eating a normal diet while continuing to work out. i'm trying to get somebody to make me up a workout, like day to day shit, that i can follow here since i definitely cant afford to join a gym right now. this p90x thing is pretty intense, and i haven't started it yet. i have a friend coming in tomorrow and im making this my last weekend of eating like shit and hanging out. im still going to do what i can each day, though. would you have any interest in writing me up some kind of workout, dude? just something as far as lifting itsself goes. i can handle the cardio myself i'm pretty sure. that would be so fucking awesome if you have the time/would be into legitimately helping someone get healthy haha.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,533 Posts
31/M/PA

online   (2)
October 29 2009 10:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah I'll write something up at some point. I'm not an expert, but have a general idea of what I'm talking about. Do you have any other equipment or the ability to get any other equipment?
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,949 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 30 2009 6:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
ehh, not really.
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
49,091 Posts
32/M/PA

online   (19)
November 10 2009 11:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I tend to come off like i'm talking nothing but shit on P90X but their program can work if you stick very closely to the program. There are alot of people that figure they can do a day here and a day there and kind of do the diet and then get upset that at the end of the 8 or 12 weeks (however long it takes) that they don't have these amazing results.

P90X is a sponsor of my mma school and we incorporate alot of their exercises into our conditioning classes. The pro-fighters tend to follow the diet pretty closely when its time to get ready for a fight. Just from the workouts i can tell that if i did them the 5 or 6 days a week that you are supposed to and followed that diet, i'd be in excellent shape.

Just like it was said before, you have to have excellent self discipline to workout at home and that's the main reason why i can't really back this product. Anyone that i know can hardly workout at home unless they are doing a group Crossfit type thing in their garage and running around the neighborhood. I always recommend a gym over videos. Stuff like this and Tae Bo can work but you really have to really hate being out in public and severly determined to complete the sessions.

Also Adkins is a terrible diet to go on unless your weightloss is for a temporary goal. Once you reintroduce carbs back into your diet you are essentially fucked. Fad diets never work. You need to learn portion control and how to balance it. It's not really rocket science to get yourself on a good diet you just have to work on sticking too it. You know what is good and bad for you, you also know how much you should or shouldn't be eating.
chrisNASE
is not impressed
4,993 Posts
10/M/PA

offline   (5)
November 10 2009 11:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i do the ab/core exercise cd thats it got a copy of it off someone. I just need to do it more often
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› P90x - anybody tried it? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: P90x - anybody tried it?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band