forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› P90x - anybody tried it? ›› new reply Post Reply
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,948 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
November 13 2009 12:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WREN

I tend to come off like i'm talking nothing but shit on P90X but their program can work if you stick very closely to the program. There are alot of people that figure they can do a day here and a day there and kind of do the diet and then get upset that at the end of the 8 or 12 weeks (however long it takes) that they don't have these amazing results.

P90X is a sponsor of my mma school and we incorporate alot of their exercises into our conditioning classes. The pro-fighters tend to follow the diet pretty closely when its time to get ready for a fight. Just from the workouts i can tell that if i did them the 5 or 6 days a week that you are supposed to and followed that diet, i'd be in excellent shape.

Just like it was said before, you have to have excellent self discipline to workout at home and that's the main reason why i can't really back this product. Anyone that i know can hardly workout at home unless they are doing a group Crossfit type thing in their garage and running around the neighborhood. I always recommend a gym over videos. Stuff like this and Tae Bo can work but you really have to really hate being out in public and severly determined to complete the sessions.

Also Adkins is a terrible diet to go on unless your weightloss is for a temporary goal. Once you reintroduce carbs back into your diet you are essentially fucked. Fad diets never work. You need to learn portion control and how to balance it. It's not really rocket science to get yourself on a good diet you just have to work on sticking too it. You know what is good and bad for you, you also know how much you should or shouldn't be eating.

like i said, i have a few close friends who all had a ridiculous amount of success with atkins. and i mean, i don't plan on just slamming a ton of carbs once i'm at my ideal weight. i want to remain active forever. a dude i know wrote down some shit for me to do, and it's been working really well. it involves a lot of walking and pushups/situps/dumbell exercises. i feel really good, have been getting to bed before midnight lately, which never happens, and the future looks so bright, i gotta wear shades haha.
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,981 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
November 13 2009 12:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I had a few family members have success on Adkins but they all put their weight back on.

Also you need carbs post workout.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,018 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (8)
November 15 2009 11:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
your body needs carbs, just not in excess. i try to eat the majority of my carbs in the earlier part of the day. also, eating clean helps. most food at the grocery store is utter shit. i stick to fruit/vegetables, eggs, brown rice, black beans, raw nuts, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, whey protein shakes, some soy products, and that's about ALL i eat. it gets boring, but i cheat on the weekends, and i've lost 30lbs since may on this diet.

cut out the fucking soda, beer, bread, (most) pasta, fast food... most shit in a box, in general. shit even most fruit juice is garbage... after its pasteurized you lose a lot of the original goodness of the fruit. its essentially sugar water. you're better off eating an orange.
boooogy
Dyna Street Bob
372 Posts
20/M/NJ

November 16 2009 7:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Im doing p90x now... in place of a pullup bar, get resistance bands... best advice I have is just do everything as best you can, eventually youll fall into place.
boooogy
Dyna Street Bob
372 Posts
20/M/NJ

November 16 2009 7:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
p.s. ive been strict on the diet/nutritional guide as well.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (3)
December 27 2009 3:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I like the p90x cardio routines, they're pretty solid and you will get good results quickly as long as you arent eating burger king every day
O.G.
984 Posts
35/M/AK

December 27 2009 5:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
P90X is the brutal truth. It is all the pain and suffering you can endure + some. I've only done the cardio related workouts because I prefer going to the gym for weightlifting, but it is pretty amazing stuff. Don't be suprised if you have to pause the video or just pause yourself 5-10 times during a workout. I would recommend it to anyone.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,018 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 27 2009 11:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
sup with your diet, nugget
rain king
tortiteniphates
26,517 Posts
26/M/CA

offline   (3)
December 27 2009 11:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Did it, works, would do again.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,948 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
December 29 2009 11:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i fell off atkins after thanksgiving, but i only had 30 net grams today. starting again on the 1st and doing it again. i lost 20 lbs in the month that i did it.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,948 Posts
25/M/WV

offline   (1)
January 27 2010 10:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
so my ex-girlfriend lurks my posts on here like a psycho and had the audacity to like, make fun of me for talking about getting in shape on the internet lol. anyways, i've fallen off the wagon, hard. since christmas break started i've been eating like shit, drinking soda, smoking cigarettes, pulling all nighters left and right and just hanging out with/banging my awesome new lady. i'm using this thread as a motivator to get in shape, and as of right now i just started. i'm going out to a friend's house, but instead of driving the mile and a half or so, i'm walking, and before hand, i'm doing 200 sit ups and as many push ups as i can. i'll post weekly progress in here, just as a log or something.

so, as of this very second...

1. no more soda, unless it's diet
2. huge amounts of situps/pushups/walking every day
3. only snack on fruits and carrots/broccoli/celery
4. cut back on ciggs
5. start a normal sleep schedule
6. fuck as much as possible.

my goal is to lose 60 lbs. by june 1st. GETTING SHIT DONE!
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,197 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (18)
January 27 2010 10:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah i'm starting P90x on Feb 8th. I'm actually beginning to get the food together for when i start. obviously just some dry foods so far. to keep with this diet it will be more costly then my normal supermarket spending. I'm going to suspend my gym membership as well for the 3 months so I have to stick with the routine.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› P90x - anybody tried it? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: P90x - anybody tried it?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band