forum Sports Talk ›› This is one I blame on Reid ›› new reply Post Reply
Joe Boccuto

programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
November 8 2009 11:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't get how someone gets to be a head coach in the NFL when they have shown time and time again he has no idea how to manage the clock.

Although I do think he was right in challenging that horrible spot on the 4th & 1 call, the timeout in the third quarter was completely unnecessary.

Lame game all around, but at least we would have had a chance with some timeouts.
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (6)
November 8 2009 11:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
And they're trying to lock him up for how long? 7 years? Good luck with that.
Invisible Hand
?_?
4,005 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (12)
November 8 2009 11:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
His time management has been god-awful for a while, and I agree that the first timeout in the second half ended up killing us, but I think you have to make both challenges. The first one was incredibly close and I can see how they didn't overturn it but that second challenged spot was horrible.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
November 9 2009 12:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I am not one to blame games on the refs, because a lot of the offense could have been better, but that was seriously a TERRIBLE spot and upon review, it was CLEARLY obvious that McNabb moved forward enough, I really have no idea how that spot did not get overturned, he slid down the friggin DL's body. Peters going out early really hurt us. On the 2nd interception, McNabb never should have made that throw either. As far as I'm concerned, outside of the last drive, the defense did what it needed to do. The only times they let up scores were when the offense left them with a short field. I seriously put this all on Reid.
ScrewFlanders
nah im alright
3,871 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (6)
November 9 2009 12:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
that spot(s) was awful.
agreed D did play well.
Donovan played ok.
McCoy stepped up big.

gotta get back on the horse next week in SD. fucking wish i was going to that.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 9 2009 8:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ray Didinger was on 610 this morning calling out Reid for his horrible game managemnet in close games just like this....and thru out his career.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 9 2009 8:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Joe Boccuto

I am not one to blame games on the refs, because a lot of the offense could have been better, but that was seriously a TERRIBLE spot and upon review, it was CLEARLY obvious that McNabb moved forward enough, I really have no idea how that spot did not get overturned, he slid down the friggin DL's body. Peters going out early really hurt us. On the 2nd interception, McNabb never should have made that throw either. As far as I'm concerned, outside of the last drive, the defense did what it needed to do. The only times they let up scores were when the offense left them with a short field. I seriously put this all on Reid.

but......you are blaming the refs with this post....how about that pass interference on Williams in the end zone that should have been called?

refs do not beat teams.....other teams do
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
November 9 2009 10:11 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
andy reid is a fucking bum. he has shown time and time again that he can not successfully manage the clock or a team.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
November 9 2009 12:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
so you would rather have the refs have free reign and constantly blow calls that could totally change the game? stupid
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 9 2009 12:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
no it should not...i remember day when there was none....and it was WAY worse....the limited version they have now is fine
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
November 9 2009 12:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm not blaming the refs for the whole game, but it's undeniable that was a terrible call.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
November 9 2009 12:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Joe Boccuto

I'm not blaming the refs for the whole game, but it's undeniable that was a terrible call.

we were sitting under the cameras on the 50yard line last night...right below chris collingsworth. when they were looking at the replay of the spot everyone in the booth above us was signaling to the crowd that it was a 1st down. they even showed the replay on the big screens at the game (which they never do) and it was obvious. i still don't understand what the refs were looking at to come up with that conclusion.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 9 2009 12:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
let me first say i agree it was a bad spot.....the problem of the whole replay thing, and Collingsworth said this as well, is that the replay footage has to TOTALLY prove without doubt to over turn a call. You could not see McNabb's left elbow/arm so in turn that could have been touching the ground......was it? who's knows it probably was not.....BUT that was the point of doubt to not over turn the call
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
November 9 2009 12:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bottom line is that timeout would have come in real handy, and that drive might have resulted in something great, and the entire game might have ended differently, but whatever
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 9 2009 12:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:cbrickhouse

bottom line is that timeout would have come in real handy, and that drive might have resulted in something great, and the entire game might have ended differently, but whatever

exactly....i see/hear a lot of Birds fans complaining about this call as if it was the big reason the Birds lost when in reality it is a very, very minor thing that happened when you look at the big picture.

Had he not challenged they could have punted the ball and pinned Dallas back within their own zone....and of course been able to use a timeout if their D stopped Dallas.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
November 9 2009 1:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:sidney

Originally posted by:cbrickhouse

exactly....i see/hear a lot of Birds fans complaining about this call as if it was the big reason the Birds lost when in reality it is a very, very minor thing that happened when you look at the big picture.

Had he not challenged they could have punted the ball and pinned Dallas back within their own zone....and of course been able to use a timeout if their D stopped Dallas.

yeah but that call was the game. 1st down on the Dallas 43 yard line would have been more then huge...and obviously keeping that time out. even with a field goal the game would have been 16-13 with roughly 10 minutes left. now instead of the cowboys getting the ball on the 45 you kick and possibly keep them deep etc....etc...what could have been.... that call was a the turning point of the game.
forum Sports Talk ›› This is one I blame on Reid ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: This is one I blame on Reid

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?