forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Strikeforce: Miami (01/30/2009) ›› new reply Post Reply
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,962 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
February 1 2010 8:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
reports are coming out that Santos' next opponent will be Erin Toughill.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
43,066 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (18)
February 1 2010 9:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
they need to do a better job of building up the hype for contenders and non-american fighters. there was little bit about it on sherdog today about how they got no footage of zaromskis or manhoeff from dream and i tend to agree. they need to come out of the gates, guns blazing, hyping toughill.
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,962 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
February 1 2010 9:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
There are a few things that Strikeforce needs to improve. They are doing it by baby steps but if they plan on being the #1 contender to the UFC they need to start improving them faster and better.

I think they need to get rid of the ramp. In theory it could work to their advantage but when they fail to show entrances by guys like Miller and King Mo, what's the point?

They need to get a better post fight interviewer than Quadros. I think Shamrock or Ranallo would be much better at conducting the interviews. Moreso Shamrock since he'd probably ask better questions with him being a fighter and all.

I think they need to start pushing all their fighters. With the UFC you know something about basically everyone on the roster. I don't even know who most of the Strikeforce roster even is. They need to refine their website and push the shit out of it so that fans can get more familiar with their brand and their fighters.

They might want to push merch more too. For their own fighters and for their brand. I don't think i've seen a single Strikeforce shirt, hoodie, beanie cap, etc. The UFC is merch whores and that is pretty much free advertising everytime someone is seen wearing a shirt.
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,310 Posts
26/M/PA

offline   (23)
February 1 2010 2:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Forgot MMA was moved to here. Posted a Herschel Walker thread in sports.
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,962 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
February 1 2010 2:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
and I moved it.
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,310 Posts
26/M/PA

offline   (23)
February 1 2010 2:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
thank you, sir
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,962 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
February 1 2010 2:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Notes from the post-fight presser:

- Sakurai appears to be up next for Nick Diaz according to Coker.

- Erin Toughill is the next one to take a crack at Cris Santos.

- Shinya Aoki vs. Gilbert Milendez is currently in the works.

- Sarah Kaufman will face Takayo Hashi for the Womens 135lb Title

- A Women's 135lb tournament as well as a Women's 145lb tournament are having their details hammered out. Gina Carano will not be part of the 145lb tournament.

- Bobby Lashley's next opponent is most likely going to be Brett Rogers although Shane Del Rosario's name was tossed out.

- Speaking of Lashley, Round 2 with Sims almost occurred at the post fight presser after Sims pushed Lashley for apparently no reason.

- Talks of Lawler vs Cung Le were made at the presser, Frank Shamrock was another name thrown out there for Lawler.

- Herschel Walker was said to have been paid a six-figure purse for his fight and is all being donated to charity. The rumors are that Strikeforce inflated his purse due to the charity donation.
WREN
Nightmare Feddy
48,962 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (19)
February 1 2010 3:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well it looks like if Lawler is going to fight Shamrock next, it's going to be awhile.

Pat Miletich reports that he has signed to fight Shamrock but Shamrock is being difficult about his portion of the contract.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Strikeforce: Miami (01/30/2009) ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Strikeforce: Miami (01/30/2009)

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band