forum Sports Talk ›› Saints fans... ›› new reply Post Reply
Joe Boccuto

programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
December 20 2009 9:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
are essentially convinced that their team is winning the superbowl already, and are literally just angry now that they won't reach 19-0.

I'm serious, go to saintsreport.com they do not consider ANY NFC teams a threat in the playoffs and think they would manhandle the Colts. It's not just one or two of them either, it's an overwhelming amount.

They essentially lost the game against Washington. If it wasn't for a freak miss on a 22 yard field goal, the Skins did everything they needed to coaching wise and on offense and defense to win the game. They got beat, and luck had the Skins miss the point, it wasn't blocked, just totally shanked.

the team has looked very beatable recently and it finally caught up with them. I would love nothing more than to see a one and done in the playoffs for them
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 20 2009 10:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Seconded.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 20 2009 10:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also I think the vikings will fold in the playoffs
Dave B.
12,352 Posts
7/M/PA

December 20 2009 10:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dave B.

Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
December 20 2009 10:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

Also I think the vikings will fold in the playoffs

if they don't watch out they could fold tonight, then we'd be one game behind a chance for a first round bye
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (8)
December 20 2009 11:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
overrated team. they had a semi-weak schedule, and were losing most games, some handily, before coming back to win.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
December 20 2009 11:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
playing in the NFC south this year (especially early) basically guaranteed an easy schedule. Carolina thought the season started in October this year, the Bucs have yet to realize it even has, and the Falcons are cursed to never have back to back winning years. didn't they play a last place schedule as well? Throw in games w/ the AFC east and you've got 2.5 guaranteed wins as well. Oh and you get Kevin Kolb's first career start in the NFL. that's 9.5 wins right there.
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,328 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (17)
December 21 2009 1:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Eagles won't beat them. you can pretty much count on that.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 21 2009 1:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
so happy Saturday night.....and i did not even watch the game live.....saw the last 2 mintues live and watched the rest the next day on DVR
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,411 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (7)
December 21 2009 1:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Wes Mantooth

id say youre right if this was earlier in the season, but i think the eagles will win if this matchup happens again.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 21 2009 1:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

i beg to differ
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,328 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (17)
December 21 2009 1:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think a lot of people expect the Saints the fall apart after this but I just don't see it. The Eagles are playing really good as well but are too inconsistent for me to pick them over a team that almost went undefeated and steamrolled the Pats.
brian.
new cocks
146,094 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
December 21 2009 1:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
remember hurricane katrina lmao
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 21 2009 1:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

I think a lot of people expect the Saints the fall apart after this but I just don't see it. The Eagles are playing really good as well but are too inconsistent for me to pick them over a team that almost went undefeated and steamrolled the Pats.

the pats are mediocre at best.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 21 2009 1:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it is football....as i get older i realize my opinion means shit and that anyone can beat anyone "on any given Sunday"
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
December 21 2009 1:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Dude, Kevin Kolb was givng them all they could handle until Ellis Hobbs fumbled the 2nd half kickoff. We didn't even have Mcnabb in the game, Maclin was a non-factor that early in the year, we hardly used Weaver that early, and 3 key defensive starters were not playing (two weren't even on the team yet).

Totally different team than we'd field against them today, and they are on the downswing, while we are on the up. Not saying we'll win, but it's so far from the open and shut case a lot of people are making it to be.
forum Sports Talk ›› Saints fans... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Saints fans...

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?