forum Sports Talk ›› lane kiffin to usc ›› new reply Post Reply
aaaaaaam

uuuhhh
62 Posts
67/M/NA

January 12 2010 11:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Lane Kiffin is leaving the vols taking the head coaching job vacated by Pete Carol at USC. Maybe it's because i've bled orange and white since i was born but, what a betrayl. There could not be a worse time to lose a coach right now. thoughts?
(brian)
Time Husk
5,796 Posts
34/M/PA

January 13 2010 12:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
he's an obvious choice for USC, given his history with them, but i admit i was surprised he left tennessee after only one year. the USC gig is obviously a better job, though, so i guess it makes sense.
aaaaaaam
uuuhhh
62 Posts
67/M/NA

January 13 2010 3:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
can't argue with that. i don't have a problem with what he's doing but the way it's happened...is what i don't agree with.
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
January 13 2010 12:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Lane Kiffin would have killed the program with his NCAA violations. He already had a bunch of violations he committed, and that was just in one year. be thankful he's gone.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
January 13 2010 6:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
At least hes not in the NFL anymore
aaaaaaam
uuuhhh
62 Posts
67/M/NA

January 13 2010 11:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
im glad hes gone to an extent even though all the violations were secondary but id much rather have a coach that honestly wants to be here, instead of a coach using it as a stepping stone.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
January 13 2010 11:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
stepping stone to what? He was on the USC coaching staff before and he's already been in the NFL, what would he be stepping to? USC head coach is a pretty prestigious job in the world of sports.
aaaaaaam
uuuhhh
62 Posts
67/M/NA

January 14 2010 2:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
im aware of his history, and as painful as it is im a huge raiders fan, i dont mean it like he had to take the ut job to get the usc job, i just dont think there were any intentions from the start to stay.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
January 14 2010 5:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah you're probably right. It definitely seemed like he had no long term goals for Tenn
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
January 14 2010 8:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: falloutcorey

im aware of his history, and as painful as it is im a huge raiders fan, i dont mean it like he had to take the ut job to get the usc job, i just dont think there were any intentions from the start to stay.

I would have thought he would have stayed longer. Nobody thought Pete Carroll would leave USC for the NFL, so that started the head coach shuffle. I heard a rumor that Tennessee is looking to interview Al Golden from Temple. If its true, then you will have a great coach there. Many have tried and failed to make Temple a winner. Only took Golden 4 years
aaaaaaam
uuuhhh
62 Posts
67/M/NA

January 14 2010 9:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
hope not. good for temple but we're talking about the sec....regardless ive heard john chavis and david cutcliffe's name linked but who knows
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
January 14 2010 9:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cuntbreath

Originally posted by: falloutcorey

I would have thought he would have stayed longer. Nobody thought Pete Carroll would leave USC for the NFL, so that started the head coach shuffle. I heard a rumor that Tennessee is looking to interview Al Golden from Temple. If its true, then you will have a great coach there. Many have tried and failed to make Temple a winner. Only took Golden 4 years

That IS impressive
RazorRamon
15,260 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (15)
January 14 2010 9:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
GO TEMPLE OWLS.

yeah i cant get into college football like i can the pros.
dont identify with any team so no rooting interest.
plus the way the BCS is set up makes it completely unrewarding to watch
aaaaaaam
uuuhhh
62 Posts
67/M/NA

January 15 2010 4:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the bcs is so flawed its not even funny, but the bowl system makes the ncaa and the schools way to much money for any significant changes to take place anytime soon.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
January 15 2010 7:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It would be interesting if the pros had some kind of bowl system though, but there would obviously have to be more teams for that.
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
January 16 2010 9:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
good luck with David Dooley.
forum Sports Talk ›› lane kiffin to usc ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: lane kiffin to usc

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject