forum Sports Talk ›› will Brett Favre return ›› new reply Post Reply
..::localeye::..

Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
January 25 2010 8:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yes
Sarcastic Existence
SICK GUY
16,066 Posts
32/M/PA


offline   (6)
January 25 2010 8:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
No, then yes, then no and then yes again.
waltmc
waltmc
13 Posts
50/M/PA


offline   (2)
January 25 2010 8:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
he took a beating in this one physical and mentally.would have won if he didn't throw that pick.i think vikes are more exciting with then without.but going another season gettin banged up.not sure if its in him to do.
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,228 Posts
38/M/PA


online   (18)
January 25 2010 8:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
stopped giving a shit if he came back after his first retirement
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA


offline   (20)
January 25 2010 9:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
He probably will play again. He is still able to perform.

I think the real question is going to come down to how bad the beating was on him yesterday. It was obviously physically rough on him but the mental aspect won't come into play for a few more days or atleast until after the Superbowl. He knows he's in the twilight of his career and he was [-----] close to making it back to the big dance one more time. With all the criticism against him for playing again, it would have been the icing on the cake for him to atleast make it there one more time.

I think if the Saints win the Superbowl, he might actually retire. The idea of "that should have been us" especially after him throwing that interception in the 4th when he should have just ran 5 more yards and then out of bounds, might eat him up enough.

Who knows though? He's unpredictable with his retirements and he's felt disappointment before. If he plays again, I don't mind it. I know it's going to piss alot of people off though.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL


offline   (18)
January 25 2010 11:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

He probably will play again. He is still able to perform.

I think the real question is going to come down to how bad the beating was on him yesterday. It was obviously physically rough on him but the mental aspect won't come into play for a few more days or atleast until after the Superbowl. He knows he's in the twilight of his career and he was [-----] close to making it back to the big dance one more time. With all the criticism against him for playing again, it would have been the icing on the cake for him to atleast make it there one more time.

I think if the Saints win the Superbowl, he might actually retire. The idea of "that should have been us" especially after him throwing that interception in the 4th when he should have just ran 5 more yards and then out of bounds, might eat him up enough.

Who knows though? He's unpredictable with his retirements and he's felt disappointment before. If he plays again, I don't mind it. I know it's going to piss alot of people off though.



last night and the san fran game were really the only two games where he got hit and hit and hit. other then that he went virtually the whole season without taking a real beating. the viking can only improve in the off season and i think favre realizes that. giving it one more year might be the proving factor in getting to the super bowl and settling his mind. he got to close this year to walk away.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA


offline   (3)
January 25 2010 11:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
He isnt coming back and even if he did he wont be going to a super bowl.
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA


offline   (3)
January 25 2010 11:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
No care
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL


offline   (18)
January 25 2010 11:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DarkHorseDeviant

He isnt coming back and even if he did he wont be going to a super bowl.



reasons? do you not think the vikings have a good enough team?
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ


offline   (20)
January 26 2010 9:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
sick of the media making Favre to be the greatest QB ever. was lucky enough to have Reggie White on his team when he won, plus they played the Patriots(who got a little lucky getting to that game)
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA


offline   (20)
January 26 2010 9:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cuntbreath

sick of the media making Favre to be the greatest QB ever. was lucky enough to have Reggie White on his team when he won, plus they played the Patriots(who got a little lucky getting to that game)




You can't deny that he's definitely one of the greatests. Personally i think the Greatest title belongs to Montana.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA


offline     (23)
January 26 2010 9:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Sarcastic Existence

No, then yes, then no and then yes again.

sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA


offline   (1)
January 26 2010 9:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
while the whole retiring/unretiring thing is annoying as fuck you can not say he has no been one of the best QB's ever.....the fact alone that he has played 300+ games without missing one is good enough for me.
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ


offline   (20)
January 27 2010 3:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Great regular season numbers/ not so hot in the postseason. Not the greatest of his era, but he's up there
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,190 Posts
7/M/NA


offline   (1)
January 27 2010 3:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i enjoyed watching him.. regardless of those two picks in my opinion he had a great fucking season
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
36/M/PA


offline     (5)
January 27 2010 3:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cuntbreath

Great regular season numbers/ not so hot in the postseason. Not the greatest of his era, but he's up there

apparently this is his era. he put up career numbers this year at 40 YEARS OF AGE. that alone makes him a phenom.

also, his middle name is lorenzo. and that rules too.
forum Sports Talk ›› will Brett Favre return ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: will Brett Favre return

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:







Subject


wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol


google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band



Your ad here?