forum Sports Talk ›› NHL's biggest surprise this year? ›› new reply Post Reply
chesty larue

userpent
4,631 Posts
35/M/AZ

offline   (2)
February 4 2010 1:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
quite a bit to talk about here, just in the last 48 hours alone hithcock was fired, and the thrashers announced they will be trading kovalchuk. ducks and flames made moves already. the hurricanes are awful, the wings are dissapointing. coyotes were bankrupt and eyeing home ice in the playoffs...lets discuss....
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (14)
February 4 2010 1:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've been hearing rumors of a Hartnell for kovalchuk trade.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (14)
February 4 2010 1:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've been hearing rumors of Hartnell trades for awhlie. First it there was that talk of Carter fucking his wife and a possible trade due to that, now this.

its just talk though.
chesty larue
userpent
4,631 Posts
35/M/AZ

offline   (2)
February 4 2010 1:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol, really? haven't heard this. adultery has made its mark on the nhl
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (21)
February 4 2010 1:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The biggest surprise to me has been the play of the Colorado Avalanche. I voiced my prediction at the beginning of the season that they'd be finishing dead last in the west again this year. They've been proving me wrong all season. It's really unbelievable how well they're playing

I've also been really impressed by the emergence of Steve Stamkos, he's been overshadowing St. Louis and especially Lecavalier all season.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (12)
February 4 2010 2:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
in the west, id say the avs, yotes, kings and preds have been surprisingly good. wings, blues and bluejackets surprisingly bad. Not surprised to see names like crosby, ovechkin and thornton in the running for most points but henrik sedin leading the league so far is a bit of a surprise. Marleau and Gaborik are having great seasons so far as well but they have always been great players so not too surprising

the east has fewer surprises. Everyone knew the Caps and Pens were going to be two of the best. Devils, Senators and Sabres have been better than I expected. Flyers, Habs and Bruins have underacheived. And for Carolina to be so bad after reaching the conf finals is a bit surprising.

Carter and Vanek have been disappointing as far goal scoring. Both conf playoff races are tight which will make for a great race down the stretch. If I had to predict now, Id say Caps vs Blackhawks in the cup finals
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA

offline   (3)
February 4 2010 2:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
How about marleau loosing the C and leading the league in goals
chesty larue
userpent
4,631 Posts
35/M/AZ

offline   (2)
February 4 2010 2:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah, avalanche look solid...i'm surprised at how sloppy the bruins look. i'm incredibly impressed at the blackhawks organization for what they've done, they're a force for at least the next 5 years
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA

offline   (3)
February 4 2010 2:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also someone bump NHL thread
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (12)
February 4 2010 2:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ryan Potulny scoring the game winner for edmonton with 16 seconds left in the game last night was a surprise. Refs calling a pentaly on the flyers with two mins left in a tie game unfortunately not a surprise
mcloughlinitis
mcloughlinitis
32 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 4 2010 4:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lately, the ottawa senators winning ten in a row. never would have seen that coming
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,190 Posts
7/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 4 2010 4:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Yodel Toast

that will never happen, we'd need to offer way more than that. hartnell is a fucking bum

kovy rejected the 101 million dollar offer because of failing relations on the thrashers, he doesnt want to be part of a sinking ship for 12 years. i dont blame him. he most likely wants a cup, and will probably be like hossa, never tied down more than 5 years
ass nipples
old dancing boy
39,411 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (7)
February 4 2010 5:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
there's already a NHL THREAD.
WENIS
Time Husk
266 Posts
10/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 4 2010 5:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: CollinThe

Originally posted by: Yodel Toast

that will never happen, we'd need to offer way more than that. hartnell is a fucking bum

kovy rejected the 101 million dollar offer because of failing relations on the thrashers, he doesnt want to be part of a sinking ship for 12 years. i dont blame him. he most likely wants a cup, and will probably be like hossa, never tied down more than 5 years

yea im fairly sure the was a joke idiot
WENIS
Time Husk
266 Posts
10/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 4 2010 5:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
that* :(
WENIS
Time Husk
266 Posts
10/M/NA

offline   (1)
February 4 2010 5:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
how bout the kings btw
forum Sports Talk ›› NHL's biggest surprise this year? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: NHL's biggest surprise this year?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?