all threads All Threads ›› Live Meshuggah ›› new reply Post Reply
XWHISKEYX

Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
February 9 2010 10:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Must Have.

emogeddon
TIGHTDICKPLAYA
24,550 Posts
43/M/PA


offline     (1)
February 9 2010 4:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Will purchase.
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY


offline   (2)
February 9 2010 4:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Just picked it up. Hot Topic has it for 12.99. CD/DVD too.

The only lame thing is, I was at the New York City date where they were recording, and only one song from that set made it to the DVD. Why the fuck even bother recording? And the song is "Bleed" during which I ended up nearly having a panic attack and having to literally run through the crowd like a linebacker to get to the doors, spilling some assholes beer and having him want to fight me.

Good story I know.
JP22
Shark City
7,394 Posts
35/M/CA


offline   (2)
February 9 2010 4:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Will skip.
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY


offline   (2)
February 10 2010 2:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Seriously, watch the performance of "The Mouth Licking What You've Bled" on this dvd and still hate on this band. Just doesn't compute with me that there are people that like heavy music and don't like this band. Again, I'm a total fanboy, but even if I wasn't I'd quickly be converted after watching them live.

Tomas Haake is the best drummer in metal (followed by Sean Reinert).
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA


offline   (20)
February 10 2010 2:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
How is Future Breed Machine not apart of that setlist?

that was their closer forever. Well except when i saw them open for Tool and they opened with it. I obliterated everyone during the breakdown at the end.
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY


offline   (2)
February 10 2010 2:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

How is Future Breed Machine not apart of that setlist?

that was their closer forever. Well except when i saw them open for Tool and they opened with it. I obliterated everyone during the breakdown at the end.



It was part of their setlist on this tour as well. They definitely closed with it when I saw them. The other lame thing about this DVD. Overall its beautifully done.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA


offline   (20)
February 10 2010 3:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've seen Meshuggah 5 times and they've never not played it. Bummer it didn't make the disc. I would rip my stereo to shreds when it came on.
DoonSauce
Vastness&Sorrow
300 Posts
32/M/MD


offline   (16)
February 11 2010 6:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just can't get into these guys.
Kung Fu Treachery
Fuck That Bird
1,593 Posts
37/M/NY


offline   (1)
February 11 2010 8:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
To be honest I'm not surprised "Future Breed Machine" isn't on this setlist. Annoyed, but not surprised.

The last couple of times I saw them they would only play three songs from DEP; the atforementioned "Future...", "Soul Burn", and "Suffer in Truth". Most of their material would be from "Chaosphere" onwards. Personally I wish they would play "Beneath" or "Sublevels" but that's never going to happen.

But they have "Ritual" on the setlist which they haven't played live in ages and kinda makes up for it IMO.

Still, I will be purchasing this CD/DVD soon.
Aunt_Pee
mr. birthdaysex
8,637 Posts
36/M/NC


offline   (12)
February 11 2010 8:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
gotta have it.
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY


offline   (2)
February 11 2010 11:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Morpheus

To be honest I'm not surprised "Future Breed Machine" isn't on this setlist. Annoyed, but not surprised.

The last couple of times I saw them they would only play three songs from DEP; the atforementioned "Future...", "Soul Burn", and "Suffer in Truth". Most of their material would be from "Chaosphere" onwards. Personally I wish they would play "Beneath" or "Sublevels" but that's never going to happen.

But they have "Ritual" on the setlist which they haven't played live in ages and kinda makes up for it IMO.

Still, I will be purchasing this CD/DVD soon.



Its "Humiliative" thats on there and it was fucking crushing live.
emogeddon
TIGHTDICKPLAYA
24,550 Posts
43/M/PA


offline     (1)
February 12 2010 12:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just got this and it is kicking the fucking shit out of me.

I really go through phases where I won't listen to them for years and then for a few weeks, I'll totally be into them.
DennisQ
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
33/M/NY


offline   (2)
February 12 2010 1:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I watched it on the big screen then I popped it in my computer and have been watching it non-stop while cruisin' beach pix 09' on facebook.

I'm telling you, the live version of TMLWYB is fucking unreal. Just totally ferocious and pummeling.

The CD is really good too. Really raw and powerful.
andyc
Time Husk
6,202 Posts
69/M/PA


offline   (1)
February 12 2010 6:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DennisQ

I watched it on the big screen then I popped it in my computer and have been watching it non-stop while cruisin' beach pix 09' on facebook.




haaa
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA


offline   (20)
February 12 2010 7:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
They should really start playing The Aztec Two-Step again.
all threads All Threads ›› Live Meshuggah ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Live Meshuggah

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:







Subject


wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol


google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band



Your ad here?