forum Musicians' Forum ›› Finding Musicians On Craigslist ›› new reply Post Reply
Otzi

Time Husk
8,535 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (3)
February 9 2010 7:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Has this ever worked in the entire history of craigslist?
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (2)
February 17 2010 3:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
No and it never will. Trying to find band members on CL is just like trying to find a girlfriend on the internet...it might be fun and it might be cool for a minute but it will more than likely not work out in the end.
joey.
Means to an end
13,569 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (7)
February 17 2010 3:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Which is still equally entertaining in my book, though.
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (2)
February 17 2010 3:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: jim halpert

Oh definetly, never said it wouldn't be entertaining......

YOU: "looking for a bassist and drummer for 70's style influenced rock/metal ala Pentagram or Black Sabbath have practice space available in chester county"

RESPONSE: "Hey man I play Bass and I'd love to come Jam"

YOU: "Cool man can you tell me a little about what kinda jams you like, also what kinda gear are you playing"

RESPONSE: "Sure man, I played in a cover band for a while but that was lame, some bands i'm really into at the moment though are TOOL, A7X and INCUBUS. I really like INCUBUS basslines so I try to play in that style. I play a fender squire P-Bass but I don't have a bass amp at the moment so i've just been using my friends Marshall Valvestate. Let me know when you wanna jam and we'll get it going.

YOU:

Thats a basic rundown of how all of my craigslist searches for bandmembers went.
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,488 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
February 17 2010 9:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
All I could say about craigslist is that every impression I got from people online was pretty much dead on. It's like anything else, dudes who are legit with chops and work ethic are usually chill about it. If you pick up a rock star vibe, just take a pass. Another thing, if you're not in a metropolitan area I think your chances are slim, but you never know.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
February 17 2010 7:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ElectricTapes

Originally posted by: jim halpert

Oh definetly, never said it wouldn't be entertaining......

YOU: "looking for a bassist and drummer for 70's style influenced rock/metal ala Pentagram or Black Sabbath have practice space available in chester county"

RESPONSE: "Hey man I play Bass and I'd love to come Jam"

YOU: "Cool man can you tell me a little about what kinda jams you like, also what kinda gear are you playing"

RESPONSE: "Sure man, I played in a cover band for a while but that was lame, some bands i'm really into at the moment though are TOOL, A7X and INCUBUS. I really like INCUBUS basslines so I try to play in that style. I play a fender squire P-Bass but I don't have a bass amp at the moment so i've just been using my friends Marshall Valvestate. Let me know when you wanna jam and we'll get it going.

YOU:

Thats a basic rundown of how all of my craigslist searches for bandmembers went.

so much lol
Matti Frost
The Winter's Wrath
7,923 Posts
47/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (25)
February 17 2010 7:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Worst thing ever. Hardly any responses and none worth following up on.
Hallowedbthyname
tekubiforiundo
6,718 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (2)
February 17 2010 11:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Agreed...I've only tried it once when looking for bands to play with here in Happy Valley during school, but no luck at all finding anything worth it.
Otzi
Time Husk
8,535 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (3)
February 18 2010 1:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is pretty much what I figured, I didn't even attempt it. Just wanted to see if it actually worked for anybody.
THE WAY
TAINT HUSK
7,956 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (29)
February 18 2010 3:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
ill be in your band ill play the farts
dirtnap43
Dance, Rummy
153 Posts
41/M/NA

offline   (3)
February 18 2010 9:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i found one band member from it. it took forever to find him, but it was worth it. more often than not, the responses you get are fuckin terrible. we tried out a dude who told us he had decent gear... he brought a peavey practice amp

sick
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,013 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (5)
February 18 2010 9:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
my old band found our vocalist on craigslist. or he found us, whatever. but he worked out great for a few years til the band broke up. since then i check occasionally for interesting bands or people to jam with. i've basically given up on starting bands with people i don't know though. huge waste imo.
GoodTimesGone
cubic time cube
51,395 Posts
44/F/ND

offline   (57)
February 18 2010 4:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Howdy,

I am a 22 year old gay drummer looking to start a metalcore/electronicore/screamo band a la The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, Attack Attack!, A Skylit Drive, and Scapegoat.

Otzi
Time Husk
8,535 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (3)
February 18 2010 6:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
He had me at Howdy
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
February 25 2010 12:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Both myself and others I know have had good success with the craigslist musician section. Its just a matter of sifting through the crap as well as saying what you really need to say in your posts/replies.
(dave)
timebombhc
15,088 Posts
30/M/GA

offline   (1)
February 25 2010 12:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
waste of time
forum Musicians' Forum ›› Finding Musicians On Craigslist ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Finding Musicians On Craigslist

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?