forum Sports Talk ›› NBA Trade deadline ›› new reply Post Reply
cuntbreath

smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
February 18 2010 11:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
will the Sixers do anything to better the franchise. If The Inquirer is to be believed yesterday, the Sixers will do nothing. They turned down an offer for Iguodala and Dalembert for Tracey McGrady and Chase Budinger(a rookie, so his contract isnt that much money). Why does Ed Stefanski think holding on to Iguodala and Dalembert makes any sense. McGrady comes off the books after the season, so the only bad contract left on the team would have been Elton Brand's. No wonder people dont give a shit about the Sixers
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA


offline   (1)
February 18 2010 11:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Anthony Gargano seems to think nothing will happen either
RazorRamon
437
15,260 Posts
33/M/PA


offline   (15)
February 18 2010 11:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the best thing the sixers can do at this point is fold the franchise
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
9/M/PA


offline     (5)
February 18 2010 11:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Tracy McGrady wouldn't be good for the team. The dude only cares about himself and he won't try hard in Philly.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA


offline   (12)
February 18 2010 12:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: xMAIDENx

Tracy McGrady wouldn't be good for the team. The dude only cares about himself and he won't try hard in Philly.



A trade for McGrady would only be to get his expiring contract, not to actually have him play and improve the team.

Theres been a lot of trades in the past 24 hours. Cavs got Jamison, you can just hand them the East right now
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ


offline  mobile reply   (20)
February 18 2010 1:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:xMAIDENx

Tracy McGrady wouldn't be good for the team. The dude only cares about himself and he won't try hard in Philly.


If that trade happened and McGrady came here, he could go fuck a bunch of hookers for all I care. All I would care about as a Sixer fan is that there is $23 million in cap space for the Sixers. If there was an idiot willing to take Elton Brand too, I would be happy Ed Stefanski is doing something other than collecting a paycheck. Would have been nice to try to have space for a free agent and possibly a high draft pick if the Sixers tank the rest of the season.
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA


offline   (3)
February 18 2010 1:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Marty610

the best thing the sixers can do is lose the rest of their games to get a early lottery pick

JP22
Shark City
7,394 Posts
35/M/CA


offline   (2)
February 18 2010 1:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mcgrady goes to the Knicks which wont do shit for that team. I think the Cavs vs Lakers Championship is now inevitable.
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
9/M/PA


offline     (5)
February 18 2010 2:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Inevitable? I don't think so. The west has plenty of teams that can contest the Lakers. If the Nuggets can keep calm down the stretch they can contest the Lakers easily. The Cavs are strong, but Orlando and Atlanta has shown they're nothing to forget. I just hope some stops the Lakers from getting to the finals. I'm goddamn tired of seeing them. Someone shoot Kobe would be a nice touch.

The Sixers have a lot to do before becoming a good team again. They were a first round playoff team the last 2 seasons (not that that's hard in the East) with .500 or a little less records. Now they're well off that mark. Getting a good lottery pick would help for next year. I do agree with the cap space comments. Brand was an awful signing, especially with that contract. Dude does nothing and seems to be like Derrick Coleman. It's surprising he's averaging like 14 and 8 a game. That's below his usual 20 and 10 averages.

They just need a strong team leader. They have pieces for a strong team with a lot of role players. It's been 9 years or so since they've been a strong contender. Hopefully the front office can make some good moves in the off season.

I'm going to the game tomorrow to see my Spurs hopefully beat the Sixers, but every time I go to do so they lose. I'm hoping for at least a good game and to see AI again.
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA


offline   (3)
February 18 2010 2:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
McGrady is a bust
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
9/M/PA


offline     (5)
February 18 2010 2:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Philds15

McGrady is a bust



Because of poor attitude. Dude can shoot like a motherfucker.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA


offline   (12)
February 18 2010 3:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: BabaOriley508

Mcgrady goes to the Knicks which wont do shit for that team.



you guys understand what an expiring contract is, right? The knicks dont "want" Mcgrady ...they just want his expiring contract to free up that cap space at the end of the year so they can go after lebron/wade/bosh
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
9/M/PA


offline     (5)
February 18 2010 3:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: fight2live

Originally posted by: BabaOriley508

Mcgrady goes to the Knicks which wont do shit for that team.



you guys understand what an expiring contract is, right? The knicks dont "want" Mcgrady ...they just want his expiring contract to free up that cap space at the end of the year so they can go after lebron/wade/bosh



Why Lebron or Wade would want to play for the Knicks is beyond me. I get it's a bigger market and they'll get paid a lot, but that team is fucking assrendous.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA


offline   (12)
February 18 2010 3:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thats the beauty of the nba, only 5 players on the court so if you sign a couple great free agents and get a top pick in the draft you can turn it around real quick. Plus it will give D'antoni a chance to build a team from stratch like he did in phoenix a few years ago.

Look how terrible Boston was a few years ago..worst team in the league. They got Garnett and Ray Allen, drafted Rondo and won the championship the very next year. Look how bad Cleveland was before they got Lebron.

With all the money NY will have to spend this summer, and all the great free agents hitting the market, its safe to say the knicks will be much better next year. Certainly better than the sixers who seem content with mediocrity. Rumors are the Knicks want to sign BOTH lebron and wade this summer haha. That would be nuts.
JP22
Shark City
7,394 Posts
35/M/CA


offline   (2)
February 18 2010 5:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: xMAIDENx

Inevitable? I don't think so. The west has plenty of teams that can contest the Lakers. If the Nuggets can keep calm down the stretch they can contest the Lakers easily. The Cavs are strong, but Orlando and Atlanta has shown they're nothing to forget. I just hope some stops the Lakers from getting to the finals. I'm goddamn tired of seeing them. Someone shoot Kobe would be a nice touch.

The Sixers have a lot to do before becoming a good team again. They were a first round playoff team the last 2 seasons (not that that's hard in the East) with .500 or a little less records. Now they're well off that mark. Getting a good lottery pick would help for next year. I do agree with the cap space comments. Brand was an awful signing, especially with that contract. Dude does nothing and seems to be like Derrick Coleman. It's surprising he's averaging like 14 and 8 a game. That's below his usual 20 and 10 averages.

They just need a strong team leader. They have pieces for a strong team with a lot of role players. It's been 9 years or so since they've been a strong contender. Hopefully the front office can make some good moves in the off season.

I'm going to the game tomorrow to see my Spurs hopefully beat the Sixers, but every time I go to do so they lose. I'm hoping for at least a good game and to see AI again.



Well its not inevitable, but its sure looking that way. I really think the Lakers will take the West. I could see the Magic or Cavs making the finals. But Lebron is just to good and i see him taking over big games in the playoffs and winning a championship. First in his to be legendary career and an exit title for Shaq.
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA


offline   (3)
February 18 2010 7:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
pretty sure come the nba finals it will be lakers vs cavs.

Atlanta, Orlando and Boston wont be able to stop the cavs in a 7 game series
forum Sports Talk ›› NBA Trade deadline ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: NBA Trade deadline

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:







Subject


wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol


google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band



Your ad here?