forum Sports Talk ›› Daryl Tapp/Mike Bell sign with Philadelphia Eagles ›› new reply Post Reply
DeadlyHandSammich

creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
March 17 2010 3:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Looks like Tapp was traded to Philly then given a 3-year extension.

Mike Bell, I hear, signed a one-year deal.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
March 17 2010 3:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mike Bell only signed an offer sheet. New Orleans has 7 days to match the offer and they get first dibs.

Tapp is a decent young DE who is good against the run and pass, and we traded Clemons who is older and more of a pass-rusher only and a 4th round pick. good deal to me.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
March 17 2010 10:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm not really sure what the use of mike bell is. maybe an in between guy? he had a decent season last year with the saints in goal line situations but i would rather see weaver taking the ball inside the 5.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
March 17 2010 10:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah that was obviously me
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
March 17 2010 11:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm eager to see how McCoy has progressed. Having a one-two punch with Bell could be great, especially with Weaver sticking around.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
March 17 2010 12:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: SpaceCowboy

I think it's just a matter of having a bigger back that is developed and experienced enough to step in and contribute this year instead of drafting another player and having a rookie and 2nd year guy as the 2 primary running backs. He's cheap and had a better year than Justin Fargas (who everyone is crying for) and is younger. Not a blockbuster move by any stretch, but I don't see much downside to it.

I like the Tapp trade though.

fargas is a great back. the guy runs hard behind a piss poor o line. on a decent team he would rip it up.
forum Sports Talk ›› Daryl Tapp/Mike Bell sign with Philadelphia Eagles ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Daryl Tapp/Mike Bell sign with Philadelphia Eagles

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?