forum Dorks R Us ›› Final Fantasy XIII ›› new reply Post Reply
joey.

Means to an end
13,569 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (7)
March 19 2010 6:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Has anybody else played this yet? I just got it in the mail and haven't touched it yet.
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,013 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (5)
March 19 2010 9:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
been playing this. just got to the second disc last night. I like it so far, but it is not a regular FF game. the story line is interesting (would be better if the one dude wasn't such a douche bag), the game is absolutely gorgeous. but you can't pick parties, it is all set who you have with you at what times and who is leading and stuff. not really a problem, but its different. you can't a world map endlessly like you could in other ones either. not yet anyway, i don't know if it changes.
roch.the.cock
Headbutts Smuts
4,102 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (5)
March 19 2010 4:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: kyle_n

been playing this. just got to the second disc last night. I like it so far, but it is not a regular FF game. the story line is interesting (would be better if the one dude wasn't such a douche bag), the game is absolutely gorgeous. but you can't pick parties, it is all set who you have with you at what times and who is leading and stuff. not really a problem, but its different. you can't a world map endlessly like you could in other ones either. not yet anyway, i don't know if it changes.

is snow the douchebag you are referring too? or is it the black dude that has a baby chocobo living in his afro?
Jim McGuire
Clarity
5,610 Posts
31/M/NJ

offline   (1)
March 21 2010 2:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The combat and visuals are about the only things I'm enjoying, and I'm 15+ hours in. The pacing in the game is painfully slow, and just about every character makes me want to hammer my dick hole close with a nail. Still, the positives out weigh the negatives. I've been waiting for this game for way too long not to enjoy it some what.
LifeNotLost.
dumkopf
1,645 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
April 8 2010 2:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just completed this game. It is definitely not a regular Final Fantasy game. I'd say it's pretty good - the combat is fun (once you get used to it) and the game looks and sounds amazing. The story is confusing and unclear at times and the linearity is sort of a put off for me. I was also extremely dissapointed with the character development system. I had heard that it was a more developed Sphere grid system from FFX which I loved, but i turned out to be extremely limiting. It felt like a dumbed down version of that system.

Good: Presentation, combat, characters (minus Vanille), interesting story
Bad: Extremely slow start, no sense of freedom (until late in the game, even then it's limited), not many side quests, character development system
forum Dorks R Us ›› Final Fantasy XIII ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Final Fantasy XIII

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?