forum Sports Talk ›› Jamarcus Russell dropped ›› new reply Post Reply
..::localeye::..

Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
May 6 2010 4:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
about time. I hope he saved some money. I don't see him playing ball again.

click here for link
Metal til Im sixty
listen to neurosis
10,733 Posts
34/M/VA

offline   (10)
May 6 2010 4:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i doubt anyone will bring him into camp, and if they do they'll expect him to take the league minimum, but he's too prideful.

Most successful con-man in the history of the NFL
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
May 6 2010 4:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
prideful?

the dude played out of shape his whole career, fell asleep in meetings, openly told teammates he's more comfortable as a backup, and so many other things to indicate everything BUT pride.
Metal til Im sixty
listen to neurosis
10,733 Posts
34/M/VA

offline   (10)
May 6 2010 4:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Joe Boccuto

prideful?

the dude played out of shape his whole career, fell asleep in meetings, openly told teammates he's more comfortable as a backup, and so many other things to indicate everything BUT pride.

pride- a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.

maybe prideful was the wrong word. Not pride in the traditional knight-like sense. More like, he thinks he is too good, regardless of his performance, to play as anything other than a starter and for an above average to high nfl qb salary.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
May 6 2010 6:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
But he has openly said he's more comfortable as a backup. In the NFL you cannot be a backup and demand starter money. I am sure he'd be much happier making a league minimum $450k a year sitting around doing nothing than having to go and do actual work, since I am sure he's also made terrible investments.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 7 2010 5:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Maybe he'll go to the Vikings, line up next to Shiancoe
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
May 7 2010 5:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
they have russell as the new #1 biggest draft bust of all time. i agree. leaf and russell have similar stats but when you add the money the raiders paid into him it puts hm in front of leaf.

click here for link
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
May 7 2010 9:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Good luck in the CFL Jamarcus
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
May 7 2010 11:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cuntbreath

Good luck in the CFL Jamarcus

I went to the Baltimore Mariners / Harrisburg Stampede (AIFA) game last weekend. The QB on Harrisburg was Jamarcus Russell. Looked and played just like him. very scary.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 8 2010 1:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
It was terrible drafting at its finest. Russell never showed that he had the tools to even be successful in the NFL. I bet even Tebow will develop into something better than Russell.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 8 2010 7:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
May 8 2010 1:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DarkHorseDeviant

It was terrible drafting at its finest. Russell never showed that he had the tools to even be successful in the NFL. I bet even Tebow will develop into something better than Russell.

Robert Gallery, Michael Huff, Darren McFadden, Russel, Darius Heyward-Bey

some fantastic first-round drafting by mr Al Davis this decade.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 8 2010 1:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
he will never start again.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 8 2010 6:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Joe Boccuto

Originally posted by: DarkHorseDeviant

Robert Gallery, Michael Huff, Darren McFadden, Russel, Darius Heyward-Bey

some fantastic first-round drafting by mr Al Davis this decade.

But.. all players that could have had some success given a better organization with better trainers.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
May 8 2010 7:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't know about ALL

Michael Huff doesn't care, Russell doesn't care, and Heyward Bey was so overdrafted it's not funny.

McFadden is made of glass.

Really only Gallery can be arguably say "well maybe he would have done better somewhere else"
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 8 2010 8:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Huff could be more solid in a better system on a better team. Maybe even if its just situational.

Russell, I think, still needs a lot of work and has had the unfortunate luck of being stuck on a terrible team with a revolving door for coaches. Case in point, Alex Smith. Different offense and coaches every season, nobody can play consistently under those circumstances. But I also cite the case of Randy Moss. A guy that didnt care at all when he was on the Raiders. He gets moved and suddenly has NFL records under his belt.

Heyward-Bey is.. a 4th slot WR on his best days, should've been a later rounder.

McFadden, I dont know about. Most average running backs could do good behind a great offensive line, which he doesn't have. I think he has the physical skill set to be a good asset in a 2-back system but again, the Raiders don't have much offensively to support anything.

Gallery is okay. He's another guy with good natural ability but he's part of a struggling offensive line on a terrible team. I have no doubt that he'd step up his game elsewhere.

I could be wrong about all of these, but I'm also a firm believer in the philosophy that most talented college players can play well in the NFL if they are brought up in the right system under the right coaches.
forum Sports Talk ›› Jamarcus Russell dropped ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Jamarcus Russell dropped

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?