forum Musicians' Forum ›› sound pc/mac? ›› new reply Post Reply
mrdtb123

crack skat
1,880 Posts
30/M/SC

offline   (2)
May 14 2010 1:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Generally speaking what has better sound quality, Pc’s or Mac’s? I am referring to notebooks
PatRock83
DIE IN A FIRE!!
283 Posts
35/M/DE

offline   (15)
May 15 2010 4:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm surprised no one else has tackled this yet...

Well I've had the luxury of working on both Mac's and PC's on both Pro Tools and other programs.

Sound Quality... Both are the same... because it comes down to your sound card i.e. Recording interface.

Machine wise tho basically it comes down to money. People will argue Mac's are more stable and PC's crash and blah blah blah... What it comes down to is money.

If you are on a budget to build a recording setup. I would say a PC. They are upgradable. Mac's aren't as friendly when you are adding more RAM. Forget about upgrading the CPU, unless you can afford a Mac with an Intel CPU.

I would honestly say, if you can work with a Desktop do that... MUCH cheaper then a laptop More Processing Power and more Storage.

If you get to the point where you can afford an expensive machine, COOL! But I would honestly build a desktop to save the money, and invest in some better mics, mixer, sound card/interface or whatever other tools you need.

If you have any questions, or don't fully understand I have a good amount of knowledge for this kind of stuff. You can e-mail me directly PatRock1983@gmail.com I'd be glad to help you.

If I can't answer your question I can at least point you in the right direction.
larry cockabea
busta hymen
5,683 Posts
29/M/SC

offline  mobile reply   (1)
May 15 2010 4:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
linux
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 15 2010 9:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Its not possible for one to have better sound quality than the other unless you're buying an expensive soundcard. But I realize I'm just going to say all the exact same thing BringIt just did, so I'll stop here.
Strange Dong
8===D
5,619 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (10)
May 15 2010 10:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: BringIt2ThePit
Well I've had the luxury of working on both Mac's and PC's on both Pro Tools and other programs.

Sound Quality... Both are the same... because it comes down to your sound card i.e. Recording interface.

Machine wise tho basically it comes down to money. People will argue Mac's are more stable and PC's crash and blah blah blah... What it comes down to is money.

If you are on a budget to build a recording setup. I would say a PC. They are upgradable. Mac's aren't as friendly when you are adding more RAM. Forget about upgrading the CPU, unless you can afford a Mac with an Intel CPU.

I would honestly say, if you can work with a Desktop do that... MUCH cheaper then a laptop More Processing Power and more Storage.

If you get to the point where you can afford an expensive machine, COOL! But I would honestly build a desktop to save the money, and invest in some better mics, mixer, sound card/interface or whatever other tools you need.

mrdtb123
crack skat
1,880 Posts
30/M/SC

offline   (2)
May 15 2010 11:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: BringIt2ThePit

I'm surprised no one else has tackled this yet...

If you have any questions, or don't fully understand I have a good amount of knowledge for this kind of stuff. You can e-mail me directly PatRock1983@gmail.com I'd be glad to help you.

If I can't answer your question I can at least point you in the right direction.

thank you!
forum Musicians' Forum ›› sound pc/mac? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: sound pc/mac?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band