offline   (1)
June 30 2017 11:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
WREN
Pulp Free
52,133 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
June 30 2017 12:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
These were the last two I've seen. Despicable Me 3 was decent. Plot was weak but being the villain, played by Trey Parker, was an 80's childhood actor gone bad, it had a lot of 80's references that kept me entertained.

Spider-Man: Homecoming is awesome. I want to see it again to see if I liked it more than the 2nd Raimi one though. Tom Holland is the best Parker/Spider-Man though.

Solomon Grundy
want pants too
479 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (1)
June 30 2017 2:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

Spider-Man: Homecoming is awesome. I want to see it again to see if I liked it more than the 2nd Raimi one though. Tom Holland is the best Parker/Spider-Man though.

This new kid playing Spiderman looks ok, will check it out. Andrew Garfield was awful, so was Emma Stone as his love interest. They both have eyes like R.Crumb characters, and not in a good way.
So far, I've only really liked the very first one, in the Raimi series with Tobey Maguire; his second was pretty mundane and more of a drawn-out and diluted date-movie-for-nerd-wannabees, and the third was embarrassingly awful.
Besides the actual comic books, the 1960's Ralph Bakshi animated series is still the best though.

Watched a rough copy of the new Transformers. lol. Anthony Hopkins will be doing McDonalds commercials next. "These mcnuggets are truly extraordinary."

Forget about movies though. Watch:

Originally posted by: Solomon Grundy

this is really, really good. been watching on netflix. bbc dark law&order crime drama set in rural Wales with tons of gorgeous exterior filmwork.

this easily makes the top 5 shows on tv now, maybe the top 3

best new tv show this year.

best three english language shows on tv right now
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,139 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 3 2017 5:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
37,461 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (11)
July 8 2017 2:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Carlo_HC

i watched this on showbox the other day on my phone. lol'd when samuel l jackson got eaten by kong
Solomon Grundy
want pants too
479 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 8 2017 11:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: WREN

This new kid playing Spiderman looks ok, will check it out. Andrew Garfield was awful, so was Emma Stone as his love interest. They both have eyes like R.Crumb characters, and not in a good way.
So far, I've only really liked the very first one, in the Raimi series with Tobey Maguire; his second was pretty mundane and more of a drawn-out and diluted date-movie-for-nerd-wannabees, and the third was embarrassingly awful.
Besides the actual comic books, the 1960's Ralph Bakshi animated series is still the best though.

This was actually kind of boring. Not a bad movie, and Holland is definitely an improvement over Garfield, but meh.... Michael Keaton was great though, as was the rest of a pretty stellar cast, just not enough to elevate a fairly un-complex story, punctuated by the standard bland teen-culture-bullshit filler. Little kids will probably like it, and their parents can take a nice two and a half hour long nap including previews. Also, there should be a rule that you can't play a Ramones song twice in a film. Once is already milking it, but hearing Blitzkrieg Bop twice to represent youth culture 40 years after the fact is just a bit cloying and majorly depressing.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,432 Posts
30/M/IL

offline  mobile reply   (11)
July 9 2017 11:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Spider-Man was incredible. Best comic book movie to date. Best portrayal of the character by far. One of the best Marvel Studios villains so far.

Going to see a Baby Driver matinee pretty soon here.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,432 Posts
30/M/IL

July 9 2017 5:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Baby Driver wasn't that great.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,549 Posts
31/F/PA

July 9 2017 8:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You're wrong about that.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,432 Posts
30/M/IL

July 9 2017 8:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
You have better taste than me so okay I agree.
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
23,139 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 11 2017 10:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
forum Arts & Entertainment ›› the movie thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: the movie thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics