forum Love, Sex, and Romance ›› Do you think it's okay? ›› new reply Post Reply
TristanTiann
//(o)(o)\\
7,666 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (13)
June 3 2010 6:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Sarcastic Existence

Didnt read much of the thread, but yes and yes. My ex of 4 1/2 years is on my mind constantly, even while I'm with my current girlfriend and I cant help it. Certain things that I see or remember just remind me of her and I think it's because so much of my life was devoted to her and I'll eventually (hopefully) get over it.

Being reminded of her is one thing- having her on your mind constantly is something different. Doesn't really sound like you are emotionally ready to be in a new serious(?) relationship.
Mariano Rivera
the sandman
36,573 Posts
9/M/NE

offline   (1)
June 3 2010 6:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i wonder about this stuff a lot. i've always been fascinated by what paths people/things/places take after making certain decisions (history nerd) so i'm always soorrrrrrta curious as to what this person's up to and/or how things worked out with whoever they got with back then, and so on

i don't see any reason why it wouldn't be okay to think about that stuff when with some one, but i don't think i'd bring it up all the time, either
Sarcastic Existence
SICK GUY
16,066 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (6)
June 3 2010 9:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: TristanTiann

Originally posted by: Sarcastic Existence

Didnt read much of the thread, but yes and yes. My ex of 4 1/2 years is on my mind constantly, even while I'm with my current girlfriend and I cant help it. Certain things that I see or remember just remind me of her and I think it's because so much of my life was devoted to her and I'll eventually (hopefully) get over it.

Being reminded of her is one thing- having her on your mind constantly is something different. Doesn't really sound like you are emotionally ready to be in a new serious(?) relationship.

I know what you're saying, but its been 3 years since we broke up. I'm not saying that she's the only thing on my mind. My mind just seems to glorify what we had and for some reason I only want to remember the good and not the bad. It fucks me up sometimes and I have to smack myself back into reality. I know its over and there's no chance of going back.
/faggy girl rant.
Strange Dong
8===D
5,619 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (10)
June 3 2010 9:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: TristanTiann

Originally posted by: Omar Little

I only think about other girls when I am banging the current one.

You are such scum, you effing idiot.

Yes.
firebikesmullets
©
1,386 Posts
34/M/TX

offline   (3)
June 3 2010 10:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
so far i've been "the one who got a away". i still get creeped on by one ex in particular. i sometimes think about her but it's never in that "what if?" context.

i do think about blown opportunities though. kinda sucks.
InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
36/F/CA

offline   (6)
June 3 2010 10:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think it's only natural to have these thoughts every once in awhile. i'm not sure i believe in a "one" but i do believe in serendipity and that if i'm really supposed to be with someone, eventually i will.
Bonsai
lol
5,293 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (10)
June 3 2010 11:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think it depends on the extent of it. If it's just a fleeting "Wonder what he/she is up to these days..." or a random memory, that's not an issue. If you're obsessing and thinking about the person regularly, feeling like you've settled, constantly drawing comparisons, etc... then it is a problem. At least for me, I know that if any of the aforementioned are happening, it means that whoever is currently in the picture is not going to cut it for anything serious. If it feels right, I'm not thinking about anyone else.

If I'm thinking about a certain person and still feel like I'd drop everything if he came back into my life (while I'm hanging out with someone else,) then I know it's dead in the water.
GoodSamaritan
Time Husk
483 Posts
32/F/NA

offline   (11)
June 4 2010 5:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I always wonder "what if"
it's a pain in the brain.
Iron Chef Gein
Vampire bat
2,897 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (34)
June 4 2010 6:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I occasionally wonder about someone from my past. It didn't end on bad terms, really it was just a conflict of time/location.
I don't dwell on it, nor do I wish things were different.
slutpunch
pizza is bae
8,768 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (19)
June 5 2010 4:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
larry cockabea
busta hymen
5,683 Posts
29/M/SC

offline  mobile reply   (1)
June 5 2010 4:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
about two years ago, i wouldve said i was "in love" with the "one that got away". she put me through mental hell and, in my eyes at the time, ruined my entire life.

now i'm glad she got away. she's failed out of college and is a tier 3 star fucker. i can't wait for her white trash years of working at k mart while raising two kids because her boyfriends shitty day to remember esqu pop punk band failed to go anywhere.
larry cockabea
busta hymen
5,683 Posts
29/M/SC

offline  mobile reply   (1)
June 5 2010 4:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
also gloating snipe. ^
forum Love, Sex, and Romance ›› Do you think it's okay? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Do you think it's okay?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?