forum Dorks R Us ›› Attn: Star Wars People Re: The Books ›› new reply Post Reply
BRYANA

BITW
16,116 Posts
25/F/PA

offline   (1)
June 19 2010 12:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've been playing around with wanting to read the various book series for a few years but never really got around to it. After having a marathon of the triology the other day, I'm really itching to read them now.

My question: there are so many different books and different series. Is there a recommended order or do you just kind of read whatever series you feel like?

I tried googling it but all I could find was a chronological order and I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it.
Aunt_Pee
mr. birthdaysex
8,194 Posts
31/M/NC

offline   (14)
June 19 2010 12:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i read heir to the empire it was awsome , it takes place directly after the original movies end.

all i got sorry, i wish i could rememeber the nameof the series its in.
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
22,148 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (1)
June 19 2010 12:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
read the darth bane series
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,470 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (2)
June 19 2010 1:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is for Dorks.

I've read a bunch of them, and most have been pretty good. There are TONS of different series out there, and quite a few of them go way off into a different canon. Crazy off shoots like that aren't for me. What I've read most recently is the Death Star novel. That is pretty cool and it should be out in paperback by now. I also really recommend the Labyrinth of Evil/Revenge of the Sith/Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader trilogy. I just looked on Amazon and they have the whole thing in one 1104 page book that I might have to get even though I have the three individually. I also liked the first two in the Darth Bane series, but haven't read the third one yet. At some point I want to start on the whole New Jedi Order series at some point, but it is a shit ton of books. The Legacy of the Force series also seems really cool, but that is after New Jedi Order.

I scored a bunch of Clone Wars novels on ebay for like fifty cents each, and liked most of them too. Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Shatterpoint, Cestus Deception, Cloak of Deception, and Jedi Trial. Off the top of my head I can't remember the chronology.

Shadow Hunter is also a really cool book about Darth Maul that is worth checking out. The cool thing about these books is that they are only $7 brand new so you can get a lot of them. Like I said, check ebay because you can often get lots really cheap.
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
22,148 Posts
36/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
June 19 2010 2:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I recently downloaded every star wars book in audio form. All broken down in chronological order.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,470 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (2)
June 19 2010 2:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
There are a shit ton of Star Wars books, but even if you got half of them that had to be a crazy torrent. Audio books just don't do it for unfortunately or I'd check that out.
-T
WastedPotential
6,659 Posts
33/M/VA

offline   (19)
June 19 2010 5:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
BRYANA
BITW
16,116 Posts
25/F/PA

offline   (1)
June 19 2010 6:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thanks guys.

The ones you named were pretty much the ones I was leaning towards just from browsing them at work. Luckily, since I work at Borders (for now, anyway) I don't have to drop the money to buy a bunch of them just yet.

I appreciate it :)
BRYANA
BITW
16,116 Posts
25/F/PA

offline   (1)
June 19 2010 6:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thanks guys.

The ones you named were pretty much the ones I was leaning towards just from browsing them at work. Luckily, since I work at Borders (for now, anyway) I don't have to drop the money to buy a bunch of them just yet.

I appreciate it :)
AtWarWithAmeliaLOL
Time Husk
16,678 Posts
27/M/NA

offline   (1)
June 19 2010 10:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
jedi academy trilogy
slutpunch
I want pizza!
8,764 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (29)
June 19 2010 10:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Shadow of the Empire and the Darth Bane books are great
dan the jew
drop a hard J
17,175 Posts
34/M/CA

offline   (4)
June 20 2010 2:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i've also been thinking about getting into star wars books. anyone know some good ones that take place very early in the history of the Galaxy?
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,310 Posts
26/M/PA

offline   (23)
June 20 2010 2:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
let me know how these are.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,470 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (2)
June 21 2010 12:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: dan the jew

i've also been thinking about getting into star wars books. anyone know some good ones that take place very early in the history of the Galaxy?

Darth Bane is really early, but not quite as old as the KOTOR era. There are a lot of comics with guys like Exar Kun and the early Sith, but I'm not into comics so I never read them.
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
22,148 Posts
36/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
June 21 2010 8:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Bought the trilogy yesterday you mentioned.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
11,470 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (2)
June 21 2010 10:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's a good series. ROTS is a little different in book form, but it's just small stuff here and there. There are parts from the book that I wish they did in the movie. The other two are also good, and expand well on that whole story.
forum Dorks R Us ›› Attn: Star Wars People Re: The Books ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Attn: Star Wars People Re: The Books

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band