forum Musicians' Forum ›› fender 6g15 ›› new reply Post Reply
Riff610

fear no evil
2,590 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (7)
July 12 2010 10:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
any of you gear guys ever play with one of these, not a reissue, but the true vintage? i'm looking into one as my next purchase to totally finish off my setup.
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (2)
July 13 2010 3:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I know everybody swears by tube and spring reverb and all, but I owned a few fender amps with verb and would still always go back to a pedal, tube verb is good for a specific sound but is definetly not the be all end all of reverb. If I were you I'd go the pedal route personally. The EHX Holiest Grail is amazing and stereo but they are kinda tough to come by and usually a little expensive, I also had this awesome verb for a while called the Malekko Spring Chicken which I A/B'd with the verb on my Fender Princeton and actually liked it a little more, at the end of the day though if you want a tube reverb you want a tube reverb.
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (2)
July 13 2010 3:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Or if you do decide to go that route build one or have someone build one for you, the reissues go for like $900.00 which is fucking ridiculous.
Riff610
fear no evil
2,590 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (7)
July 13 2010 7:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i've been seeing the reissues going for around 400 whereas the OG going for around 800-900.

i looked into getting another pedal verb, but already got the feel of it and want the total analog chain. as much as it'd be for sound and everything, it's also to be somewhat of an investment.
Riff610
fear no evil
2,590 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (7)
July 13 2010 7:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
although if i were going the pedal route, i've had my eye on the EHX cathedral stereo reverb. that shit looks bananas.
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (2)
July 13 2010 8:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: a national acrobat

although if i were going the pedal route, i've had my eye on the EHX cathedral stereo reverb. that shit looks bananas.

I got one its kinda ehhh. The Holiest Grail is amazing though.
Riff610
fear no evil
2,590 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (7)
July 13 2010 9:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
haha fender it is then i guess!

i tend to be a minimalist with effects, so the variety of options typically is unattractive to me, which is another reason the fender looks good.

has anyone actually used one of these specific units?
Riff610
fear no evil
2,590 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (7)
July 13 2010 9:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

don't mind the wack hair, but here's an example of the reissue
forum Musicians' Forum ›› fender 6g15 ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: fender 6g15

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject