forum Musicians' Forum ›› should i or shoudlnt' I? ›› new reply Post Reply
k-diddy

we run this city
4,283 Posts
36/M/DE

offline   (6)
July 14 2010 2:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
dude is selling mesa boogie stilleto head and matching cab for 1100..prob gonna offer em 8 0r 900 cash thoughts opinions? figure i can make money off it if the head blows
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
July 14 2010 3:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

8 or 9 would be a steal for both. Hopefully he took care of everything. I love mesa aside from how quick they eat tubes. I'm just too poor to ever have the cash for a rectifier.
k-diddy
we run this city
4,283 Posts
36/M/DE

offline   (6)
July 14 2010 3:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Ochogisto

8 or 9 would be a steal for both. Hopefully he took care of everything. I love mesa aside from how quick they eat tubes. I'm just too poor to ever have the cash for a rectifier.

yea brand new it goes for 2800 so im gonna see if he will take it
Less
sofaKINGhigh
1,032 Posts
36/M/NJ

offline     (1)
July 14 2010 6:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Just watch you don't offend him with a low ball offer. 950 would be a good offer.
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (2)
July 14 2010 7:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Get that shit, sell it, buy a real amp.
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,487 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
July 14 2010 8:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I would offer 900, if he bites it's a really good deal. Make sure you say you have the cash in hand when you do, that's a big incentive.
Riff610
fear no evil
2,590 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (7)
July 15 2010 7:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
guy probably knows what he has and is after, depending on where he's at, what his situation is he'd probably be hard to make budge
k-diddy
we run this city
4,283 Posts
36/M/DE

offline   (6)
July 15 2010 12:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
got it yesterday
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
July 16 2010 8:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have yet to play the Stilleto series but I dig the Dual Recs.. what are your initial thoughts so far with this one?
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (2)
July 16 2010 8:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Most of the new Mesa stuff is fucking trash, other than the Mark series heads i've never liked any of those amps personally, you could sell that for probably a decent chunk of cash and get a good amp though. Unless of course you want to play bad Nu-metal or butt rock.
k-diddy
we run this city
4,283 Posts
36/M/DE

offline   (6)
July 19 2010 10:11 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DarkHorseDeviant

I have yet to play the Stilleto series but I dig the Dual Recs.. what are your initial thoughts so far with this one?

ehh dirty channel isn't dirty at all..i never been huge on mesa's unless its the mark series heads so i'll mess with it and worst comes to worst sell it prob
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,487 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
July 19 2010 1:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
What kind of sound are you going for?
k-diddy
we run this city
4,283 Posts
36/M/DE

offline   (6)
July 19 2010 1:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i like heavy..without the muddyness
Venicebeachxc
Atty at law
3,980 Posts
36/M/FL

offline   (2)
July 20 2010 8:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
trash that head then. The Mark V is a solid amp, but nor what you're looking for.
Sell that shit, get an Engl or Soldano or Diezel. I've had all 4, and my favorite and current stage amp is a modded ENGL FIREBALL 100w. Fucking NASTY, best sounding head I've ever encountered. I go through equipment fast, but I'll be holding onto this one forever.
Here's a video:
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (2)
July 20 2010 9:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The Diezel Herbert or Soldano SLO are both great for the sound your after, or honestly if your budget isn't that huge check out some of the newer Laney stuff, people tend to shit on it but I think its great, good enough for Sabbath, good enough for me.
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
July 20 2010 9:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Venicebeachxc

trash that head then. The Mark V is a solid amp, but nor what you're looking for.
Sell that shit, get an Engl or Soldano or Diezel. I've had all 4, and my favorite and current stage amp is a modded ENGL FIREBALL 100w. Fucking NASTY, best sounding head I've ever encountered. I go through equipment fast, but I'll be holding onto this one forever.
Here's a video:

I got to demo this head a month ago in jersey. Totally fucking solid and I've never been a huge fan of mesa for the price and the tube life. But I'd even take this over a rectifier any day.
forum Musicians' Forum ›› should i or shoudlnt' I? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: should i or shoudlnt' I?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?