forum Love, Sex, and Romance ›› being friends with an ex ›› new reply Post Reply
Flip Wilson22

Time Husk
3,649 Posts
32/M/VA

offline   (2)
July 30 2010 12:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
is this possible? this has never worked out well for me but now i may give it a try. must keep it completely platonic though
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,013 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (5)
July 30 2010 12:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
uhm. so i'm friends with an ex. sorta. her boyfriend gets weird when we talk or hang out so we don't really much. there is always a tension in my experience.
Brett Weir
im gay
45,344 Posts
35/M/NY

offline   (8)
July 30 2010 12:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is a very true yet generic response, but it allll depends on the ex couple and the newer significant others etc.
blackeyes
100%
47,277 Posts
34/M/AK

offline   (3)
July 30 2010 12:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
still friends with most of my exs, only really ever had one real bad breakup
asking_for_it
Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
July 30 2010 12:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think it depends on a lot of factors. probably the most important being whether or not the break up was mutual. if it didn't get too serious and shit just got weird or you just weren't feeling it, it's usually not difficult to be friends. even if you're in a situation where the relationship just kinda runs its course, it was nice while it lasted, it's just old time to move on, even that can be ok depending on circumstances. but i've never been able to be friends when it's a bad break up, where the trust has been broken, it's hard, but mostly impossible to be friends. however, everyone is different. but in my personal experience it really doesn't work out and when it does you're not really "friends" in the websters dictionary sense of the word, but more like acquaintances in passing.
addy
Seamless
2,945 Posts
33/M/NC

offline   (4)
July 30 2010 1:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Tried to be a friend to an ex. Ended up having sex with her and ruining alot of really good things in my life. Never worked out for me and probably never will.
Rina.
Time Husk
7,248 Posts
9/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (12)
July 30 2010 1:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Exes become exes for a reason...
I think having an ex as a friend is okay, however, when you become involved in another relationship, sometimes it gets weird. I
guess it depends on the people involved. I personally will not go out/hang out with an ex if I'm in a relationship. I think its disrespectful. Talking is okay to a point, but that could get out of hand also, especially if one person still has strong feelings involved...
Digital_Satan
Shut Up Bitch!!
1,100 Posts
27/M/SD

offline   (5)
July 30 2010 7:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Rina.

Exes become exes for a reason...
I think having an ex as a friend is okay, however, when you become involved in another relationship, sometimes it gets weird. I
guess it depends on the people involved. I personally will not go out/hang out with an ex if I'm in a relationship. I think its disrespectful. Talking is okay to a point, but that could get out of hand also, especially if one person still has strong feelings involved...

yeah, i have 3 thumbs.
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 30 2010 9:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't see, the point you no longer relate to each other and you're not fucking. What could you possibly have to share through friendship?

Also, I would back hand my girl if she was trying to communicate with someone she used to sleep with.
William Munny
Just Husk It
643 Posts
38/M/IL

offline   (7)
July 30 2010 10:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
unbelievably, I still talk with and x that cost me 130k, I was almost certain I wanted to burn the house down with her in it, she's lucky she has an amazing little girl that I truely adore, and still talk to occasionally
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
July 30 2010 10:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
terrible idea

also

Originally posted by: William Munny

burn the house down with her in it

chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 30 2010 10:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: William Munny

unbelievably, I still talk with and x that cost me 130k, I was almost certain I wanted to burn the house down with her in it, she's lucky she has an amazing little girl that I truely adore, and still talk to occasionally

so are you mildly retarded i.e. learning disability accompanied by low self esteem or just retarded?
hanszimmer
breeze 'em out
21,316 Posts
35/M/NY

offline   (7)
July 30 2010 10:26 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
it's pretty hard to do. especially if she fucks some random dude 1 day after you break up.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
July 30 2010 10:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
she was probably fucking random dudes while you were dating
hanszimmer
breeze 'em out
21,316 Posts
35/M/NY

offline   (7)
July 30 2010 10:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
July 30 2010 10:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
forum Love, Sex, and Romance ›› being friends with an ex ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: being friends with an ex

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?