forum Dorks R Us ›› mmorpgs ›› new reply Post Reply
kyle_n

cumb0ner
13,959 Posts
27/M/PA

offline     (5)
August 12 2010 9:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
anyone play any? i'm looking around for a decent free one.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
29/M/WI

offline   (2)
August 12 2010 9:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Guild Wars is supposed to be cool for a free one, at least free in the notion that you don't have to pay a monthly fee.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
27,896 Posts
27/M/NJ

offline   (11)
August 12 2010 9:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
theyre fun when you have no friends and crave social interation and treadmill-style meaningless achievements.

youre betteroff going fishing or something, dude
kyle_n
cumb0ner
13,959 Posts
27/M/PA

offline     (5)
August 12 2010 9:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol. i have too much social interaction is the problem. i need something to rot my brain sometimes, other than pahc.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
27,896 Posts
27/M/NJ

offline   (11)
August 12 2010 10:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
well there's alot of old school MMORPGs out there run by fans using emulators and pretty decently powered servers

Ultima Online by UOGamers is one of them
The Lineage series is always extremely popular with america and china/japan/korea

there's DoTA which is an RTS style MMO game
and League of Legends which would take the average player 2 weeks to figure out.

Im waaay out of the mmo loop ever since I moved from jersey and haven't had my own net, but these are just a few.

In all honestly though you should look into Dwarf Fortress. It's like this shitty looking DOS game thats so immensely deep you'll be finding out stuff about it for years after you started playing. Never played it myself, but have heard some things. anyway why did i type all this, it's back to chugging beer and being a faggot for me
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
27,896 Posts
27/M/NJ

offline   (11)
August 12 2010 10:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
to add a bit

I dont know if you've ever played/heard of everquest but they've recently started a player run emulation of the original 1999 server, with anywhere from 700-900 people online at a time. I dont know jack shit about everquest but it's yet another option. click here for link

I personally wouldnt play that shit, but alot of people seem to enjoy everquest for some reason.

EDIT*** and how could forget "Global Agenda". an awesome MMORPG/FPS combo with missions and people that actually play the fucking game with you! I recommend giving this one a shot first out of all the other pieces of garbage I mentioned previously. You get to play as robots and shoot guns and shit. Very fun.

Check it out:
click here for link
kyle_n
cumb0ner
13,959 Posts
27/M/PA

offline     (5)
August 12 2010 10:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol. yeah really, good response.

i'll look into dwarf fortress. speaking of old dos games... solar winds was my shit as a kid.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
27,896 Posts
27/M/NJ

offline   (11)
August 12 2010 10:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i dont know why i labelled dwarf fortress as an mmorpg as it's just single player DOS game but what i read about it makes me believe that it owns. i have add or some shit so i cant play it (im actuallly retarded)
kyle_n
cumb0ner
13,959 Posts
27/M/PA

offline     (5)
August 12 2010 10:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
27,896 Posts
27/M/NJ

offline   (11)
August 12 2010 10:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
29/M/WI

offline   (2)
August 12 2010 10:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Wesley Gibson

i dont know why i labelled dwarf fortress as an mmorpg as it's just single player DOS game but what i read about it makes me believe that it owns. i have add or some shit so i cant play it (im actuallly retarded)

I was just on the website and it looks pretty intense.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
27,896 Posts
27/M/NJ

offline   (11)
August 12 2010 10:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it reads as though it has the most deeply interactive gameplay ever, then you download it and it looks like nethack

WOOO EXCITING
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
29/M/WI

offline   (2)
August 12 2010 10:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If you dig old school style RPGs with deep game play and what not check out the Eschalon games.

click here for link
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
27,896 Posts
27/M/NJ

offline   (11)
August 12 2010 10:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The first Eschalon reminds me of an isometric-view style of this game called Iter Vehemens Ad Necem, or IVAN for short, which is the most rediculous turn and tile based RPG ive ever come across. I can barely make it out of the banana plantattion in that fucking game without some random horse shit killing me.
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
29/M/WI

offline   (2)
August 12 2010 10:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just started the second Eschalon game and am quite impressed with it. It's been that and Mount And Blade: Warband for me lately.
tom.
^__^
61,631 Posts
31/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (5)
August 12 2010 11:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Wesley Gibson

youre betteroff going fishing or something, dude

forum Dorks R Us ›› mmorpgs ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: mmorpgs

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login: