forum General Crabbery ›› the crackdown on bullying gays ›› new reply Post Reply
-Jeremy-

gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
October 21 2010 12:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It has really become very prominent in recent weeks in the media. What I'm wondering is why they seem to solely be focusing on gay kids being bullied. Yeah, that is a huge concern, but bullying in general is the biggest concern, not only bullying to GLBT people. The media should be addressing bullying in all facets, not just focusing on one demographic of young people.

I'd also like to mention how awful it must be growing up in junior high and high school these days and being bullied. I wasn't really bullied at all in high school, but I graduated right before facebook and social networking exploded into the mainstream. Now kids are bullied at school and go home only to get bullied even more on the internet by their peers. That is absolutely brutal.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
211,114 Posts
37/M/PA

online     (24)
October 21 2010 12:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bullying turns people into spiteful assholes so i think something should be done. unfortunately, when school officials punish someone for bullying, then that makes the bullied a "pussy" and "narc" so in turn they probably get bullied more.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
October 21 2010 12:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

bullying turns people into spiteful assholes so i think something should be done. unfortunately, when school officials punish someone for bullying, then that makes the bullied a "pussy" and "narc" so in turn they probably get bullied more.

Yeah I'm not sure what a solution is, but ultimately it's the responsibility of the parents not the schools.

And what I was trying to say is that it seems weird that the media has chosen to only focus on bullying gays instead of focusing on bullying from a general standpoint. It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, bullying is a huge problem either way.
Dianana
8====D
65,365 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (8)
October 21 2010 12:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Germy, I agree with you.
And back in the day, all some one could do was prank call your house. Now they can harass you with texts and facebook statuses.
mandakatzz(deleted)
Time Husk
2,092 Posts
33/F/NA

I was the weird punk rock/hardcore kid in a high school that resembled the movie varsity blues, we even had a ride your tractor to school day. I got picked on a lot my freshman year cause I went to a new high school where I didnt know anyone. I just be friended the black people and I was set. Nobody fucked with me after that they just called me "nigger lover".
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
211,114 Posts
37/M/PA

online     (24)
if parents taught their little idiots to be a little more accepting of differences this wouldn't be a problem. but, kids are idiots at the same time.
Dianana
8====D
65,365 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (8)
October 21 2010 12:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: -Jeremy-

Yeah I'm not sure what a solution is, but ultimately it's the responsibility of the parents not the schools.

Germy, I don't agree with you here because you are wrong.
It is a teacher's responsibility to step in when a kid is getting picked on.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
October 21 2010 12:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

The school's should inform the parents that bullying is going on and the parents should address it appropriately. If it still continues, the school should step in at that point. Schools should start carrying a zero bullying tolerance and start expelling these assholes.
mandakatzz(deleted)
Time Husk
2,092 Posts
33/F/NA

October 21 2010 12:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mos def the teachers responsibilities, not one teacher ever stepped in when I was getting shoved into lockers or spit on in the lunchroom. My mom raised hell and they told her I was the problem, I shouldnt dress different and make myself a target.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
October 21 2010 12:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

I also think a teacher simply stepping in would create more problems for the bullied kid at the end of the day when the bell rings. There needs to be tough disciplinary action coming from the principal/school board in addition to teacher's offering discipline.
$teve grove
dr. spaceman
23,170 Posts
32/M/OH

offline     (17)
October 21 2010 12:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bullying is bad mmkay
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,005 Posts
29/M/PA

offline     (5)
October 21 2010 12:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol at this thread.

do you guys not bully kids on here all the time?
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (21)
October 21 2010 12:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: kyle_n

lol at this thread.

do you guys not bully kids on here all the time?

That is so completely different it's not even funny.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
211,114 Posts
37/M/PA

online     (24)
October 21 2010 12:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is not high school, and these are grown ups we are bullying. if they can't take it, and give it back, then they need to gtfo
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,005 Posts
29/M/PA

offline     (5)
October 21 2010 12:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
define: grown up
kyle_n
cumb0ner
14,005 Posts
29/M/PA

offline     (5)
October 21 2010 12:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
and how is it different when you are sitting there saying

Now kids are bullied at school and go home only to get bullied even more on the internet by their peers. That is absolutely brutal.

forum General Crabbery ›› the crackdown on bullying gays ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: the crackdown on bullying gays

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?