all threads All Threads ›› pacquiao vs margarito ›› new reply Post Reply
XWHISKEYX

Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
November 14 2010 10:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Anyone else surprised at the beating that got handed out? I wish I could snap my fingers and make the pacquiao/mayweather fight happen.
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
November 14 2010 10:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Didn't order but really am hoping for the mayweather pacquiao bout. I believe it will be completely one sided. Mayweather has been dodging this for way too long. He deserves a beating for his asinine bigotry.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
39,027 Posts
62/M/NA

offline   (23)
November 14 2010 10:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
agreed, I like mayweather and all but pac is next level.
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
November 14 2010 10:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I really liked him too until I found out how he really carries himself. It never bothered me that he was cocky, a lot of boxers are. I just can't believe some of the shit that comes out of his mouth.
lord sauron
city of champions
9,020 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (8)
November 19 2010 4:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol@pac vs. mayweather being one sided. this will be an insane fight, that could go either way. to say otherwise, proves you dont really follow the technique of boxing.

not that this fight will happen though.. mayweather is more interested in maintaining his perfect record. pacman agreed to all of his stipulations, and floyd is still finding ways to get out of the fight.
Invisible Hand
?_?
4,005 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (12)
November 19 2010 9:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The Pacquiao-Margarito fight proved without a doubt that pac is the best pound for pound fighter of our time. Mayweather might be trying to protect his unbeaten record now, but he knows as well as anyone that he'll need to fight Pacquiao to secure his legacy. That's the only reason I think this fight could happen. Mayweather needs this fight more than Pacquiao does.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 20 2010 2:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Pac-man/Money is the perfect clash of styles. Pacquiao marches forward and is an attacker. Mayweather is the epitome of a counter-puncher. Pacquiao will clearly land the more powerful punches but Mayweather will probably land more in the meantime. It will all come down to the later rounds and how the judges score the fight. I'd have to say that it will come down to Manny having to put Floyd away or atleast hurting him so much in the early rounds that Mayweather fades and Manny can catch up on the cards. My heart says Pacquiao can be the man to put a 1 in the loss column for Mayweather, but if I was betting the safe bet is Mayweather by decision.

However, if the fight never happens it's because Mayweather is a pussy. Sure he's a great fighter but it's clear who he SHOULD be fighting. Fighting anyone other Pacquiao is senseless.

Also, they are saying now that Pacquiao/Mosley is going to happen early next year. Manny is going to run through him. The only benefit to this fight is a big payday since Mosley is still a name in terms of drawing power.
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (3)
November 20 2010 2:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: One.Be.Lo

The Pacquiao-Margarito fight proved without a doubt that pac is the best pound for pound fighter of our time. Mayweather might be trying to protect his unbeaten record now, but he knows as well as anyone that he'll need to fight Pacquiao to secure his legacy. That's the only reason I think this fight could happen. Mayweather needs this fight more than Pacquiao does.

aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 20 2010 4:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
personally i'm very surprised at the beating that got handed out.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 20 2010 5:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wasn't. I think Margarito was overhyped going into the fight. He has two really solid wins under his belt in Cotto and Clottey. That's really it. He was suppose to steamroll through Shane Mosley and put him into retirement and Mosley embarassed him. The promotional team did a good job of hyping him up because he was bigger and stronger than Pacquiao. But that bully strength doesn't translate into pure punching power, which at the end of the fight you could see that Manny had the advantage there. Along with technique as well.

Two aggressive fighters going at it will come down to who is the overall better fighter. Right now Pound for Pound, no one is better than Manny Pacquiao. Until Mayweather steps in the ring to prove that statement wrong.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
November 24 2010 10:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mayweather is in even more legal trouble now.

The other day it was reported that he tried to run a former associate off the road with his own vehicle. If charged, he's facing assault with a deadly weapon amongst other charges. This adds to the charges he's already facing from the Domestic Battery incident back in September. From that incident he's facing Felony Theft, Felony Robbery, and two counts of Felony Coercion, along with misdemeanor charges of Domestic Battery and three counts of Harassment. If convicted of all those crimes, he faces 34 years in prison. These new charges will only make his sentencing much, much worse.

If I was him, I'd be in a hurry to make this fight with Pacquiao happen. He's going to need something to keep his mind of things and he's going to need that $40 million payday to help with his legal fees.
all threads All Threads ›› pacquiao vs margarito ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: pacquiao vs margarito

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?