all threads All Threads ›› body scanners at the airport ›› new reply Post Reply
asking_for_it

Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
November 23 2010 4:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
does anyone REALLY care? it's been the top story on the news for like 2 weeks now. i don't see what the huge fucking deal is. if it's going to keep bombs, weapons, snakes, and crocodiles off the airplanes, then i say cool. god forbid airport security wants you to be safe.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,777 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (11)
November 23 2010 4:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I take it you didn't read the morning thread yesterday.
asking_for_it
Dave B. #2
4,663 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (15)
November 23 2010 4:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jess.

I take it you didn't read the morning thread yesterday.

i was not around yesterday morning. apparently i am making a dimebag complaint and i apologize.
George
whiskey dick
11,638 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (6)
November 23 2010 4:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If this were implemented directly as a result of 9/11, I could see it being less of a big deal. But having to gradually give up our freedoms in order to 'fight terror' is more or less congruent with the goals of terrorism. I don't think it will have a net positive effect on airport security at all.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
47/M/PA

offline   (11)
November 23 2010 4:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
americans are terrified and ashamed of their own genitals
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (21)
November 23 2010 4:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'd rather not absorb radiation into my body if I don't have to.
riggard
Time Cubin'
6,281 Posts
32/M/PA

offline     (7)
November 23 2010 4:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
1. Opt to be searched instead of scanned
2. Say "hey man quit touching my dick"
3. Enjoy the awkward moment you just created
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (21)
November 23 2010 5:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ricardo negromás

1. Opt to be searched instead of scanned
2. Have a solid semi going during the pat-down
3. Security thinks your semi-erect penis is a weapon
4. Be detained for 69 minutes while awkwardly explaining how a boner was mistaken for an explosive device, which isn't neccesarily an inaccurate description

LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 23 2010 5:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
don't care. sick of hearing about it.

the only thing that i think is worth the concern is the radiation. if it's bad enough that they've advised pilots not to go through them (since they'd be going through them all the time)...that seems like it presents some sort of health concerns.
brian.
new cocks
146,094 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
November 23 2010 5:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this shit is a fucking waste

i like how it takes college education to become an x-ray tech in a hospital, but it only takes a high school degree and a heartbeat to operate a backscatter x-ray machine in an airport in an effort to thwart terrorism.
Richie Krutch
Breakin Fuckin Leg
1,435 Posts
19/M/PA

offline   (18)
November 23 2010 5:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well first off, the body scanners aren't about protection, they are about money and conditioning. First off, they are probably dangerous, there has been zero testing of the scanners, but they are massively stronger then normal X-rays, and normal x-rays are known to be very harmful.

Anyway, the guy making a killing behind this is a guy named Michael Chertoff, from 05 to 09 this guy was head of homeland security. He is responsible for ordering these ultra expensive machines (even though many find them useless including the Israelis who called them a big waste of money) now he runs the Chertoff Group. This is a private security biz, anyway, one of his clients is Rapiscan Systems. They are only one of two company's who make these scanners. Basically the Chertoffs Groups job is to help his clients, such as Rapiscan System sell products. Well while he was head of Homeland Security, these things where ordered...Conflict of interest?

And dont forget, the very incident that ignited the popularity of the scanners was the so called underwear bomber. That incident was used in order to get people to back the scanners, and see a real need for them, even though they where physically ordered by Chertoff before that event. The thing is Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab aka the underwear bomber got onto an international flight without a passport! So when you can bored a plane without any security measures, or even any ID...Do you think these naked body scanners will help??? Its all bullshit. And the "enhanced pat downs" are just measures for people to finally say yes and be willing to go through the potentially dangerous naked body scanners. I mean if your going through these with your family, and you dont want to go through these scanners, the other options is for your 5 year old girl to basically be molested by these people...Fear tactic, just accept the scanner is what they hope..

Richie Krutch
Breakin Fuckin Leg
1,435 Posts
19/M/PA

offline   (18)
November 23 2010 5:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

this shit is a fucking waste

i like how it takes college education to become an x-ray tech in a hospital, but it only takes a high school degree and a heartbeat to operate a backscatter x-ray machine in an airport in an effort to thwart terrorism.

Good points..
Dave B.
12,352 Posts
7/M/PA

November 23 2010 5:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: LastOnePicked

$teve grove
dr. spaceman
23,170 Posts
35/M/OH

offline     (17)
November 23 2010 5:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dave B.

Originally posted by: LastOnePicked

-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (21)
November 23 2010 5:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Airports should force everyone to watch Brainscan when going through security instead.

Richie Krutch
Breakin Fuckin Leg
1,435 Posts
19/M/PA

offline   (18)
November 23 2010 5:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wonder why all the people who "don't care and are sick of hearing about it" would even bother opening up this thread? Unusual beings..
all threads All Threads ›› body scanners at the airport ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: body scanners at the airport

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?