forum Sports Talk ›› Singletary fired after 49ers eliminated ›› new reply Post Reply
Peter SteeleyDan

HatesMostThings
19,190 Posts
7/M/NA

offline   (1)
December 27 2010 1:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

AN FRANCISCO -- Mike Singletary was fired by the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday night after two disappointing seasons, including a 5-10 showing this year for a franchise expected to win the NFC West. The team made the announcement late Sunday upon returning to the Bay Area, several hours after San Francisco was eliminated from playoff contention with a 25-17 loss at St. Louis. Defensive line coach Jim Tomsula was promoted to interim coach and will run the team in next Sunday's season finale at home against Arizona. He was to be formally introduced in a news conference set for Monday at 3 p.m. ET.

Sucks. What happened? I had them pegged as a team on the rise from last year, they really fell to shit this year.

click here for link
SodaFastBreak!
Yes, We know...
7,495 Posts
41/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (6)
December 27 2010 1:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Didnt Mike Singletary die like 4 years ago?
PH1L
Time Husk
8,056 Posts
35/M/CA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
December 27 2010 2:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
About time
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
December 27 2010 2:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brendan masi

Thats what happens when you trust your franchises QB hopes on a tiny hand faggot from Utah.

thought this would wait until their last game,I'm not shocked though and he won't be the last to go either.
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,190 Posts
7/M/NA

offline   (1)
December 27 2010 3:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
click here for link

check this vid.. gets heated on the sidelines with smith
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (3)
December 27 2010 3:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I would have gave him shit too. He made that horrible pass to the opposite team.
brian.
new cocks
146,094 Posts
35/M/IL

offline  mobile reply   (9)
December 27 2010 8:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hopefully he ends up on the Bears with the 10 other ex-head coaches.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
December 27 2010 9:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
he should have stuck with troy smith instead of flip flopping QB's every week.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
December 27 2010 11:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ..::localeye::..

agreed, not sure why this thought process made sense
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
December 29 2010 11:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Shame there wasnt much talent for Singletary to work with. Especially with those QBs. between those 3 QBs on the roster, two of them are #1 overall picks, and the other a Heisman Trophy winner, and ZERO talent among that bunch
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
December 29 2010 2:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cuntbreath

Shame there wasnt much talent for Singletary to work with. Especially with those QBs. between those 3 QBs on the roster, two of them are #1 overall picks, and the other a Heisman Trophy winner, and ZERO talent among that bunch

there definitely is talent there...Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis. I even think there is something in Troy Smith if he can settle down and step up into the pocket better. He scrambles to much and throws off balance most of the time.
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
January 2 2011 10:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: cuntbreath

there definitely is talent there...Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis. I even think there is something in Troy Smith if he can settle down and step up into the pocket better. He scrambles to much and throws off balance most of the time.

I specifcally referred to the QB's there when I said about ZERO talent.
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
January 2 2011 10:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brendan masi

Troy Smith is a player, but he's 5'11 in 2 inch heels. I just don't get why they drafted Smith #1 overall, Urban Meyer was basically the reason that Utah team was so good.

Why didn't they fire the GM? Other than Willis, Gore and Davis (and I'm not even sure if he brought all those players in) he hasn't done amazing in the draft, average at best, and drafted a huge bust as far as a franchise Quarterback, to me thats on the GM, especially since Singletary wasn't there when Smith was drafted...

But then again, as a defensive guy, his D should've played a lot better (even though they are 7th against the run).

the GM that they had was forced out back in March. They havent had a GM since then which hurt them this year in the draft and free agency. Think the draft this year was chosen by a director of player development or some shit
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
January 2 2011 12:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think singletary will end up a head coach somewhere else. He has the right demeanor but he needs to go to a team that has a solid O coordinator....and he should definitely stay away from Tennessee after Fisher runs away...run Fisher run!!!
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline   (3)
January 2 2011 12:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I also was suprised by how the season went for these guys. Seems to me they had more issues than they wanted to address.
Brett Weir
im gay
45,344 Posts
35/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (8)
January 2 2011 1:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This should have happened after his meltdown after that respectable loss against new orleans
forum Sports Talk ›› Singletary fired after 49ers eliminated ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Singletary fired after 49ers eliminated

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?