forum Sports Talk ›› Singletary fired after 49ers eliminated ›› new reply Post Reply
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
January 2 2011 1:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ..::localeye::..

i think singletary will end up a head coach somewhere else. He has the right demeanor but he needs to go to a team that has a solid O coordinator....and he should definitely stay away from Tennessee after Fisher runs away...run Fisher run!!!

He definitly deserves a 2nd chance to coach
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,190 Posts
7/M/NA

offline   (1)
January 2 2011 1:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
they signed Jim Harbaugh now.
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,190 Posts
7/M/NA

offline   (1)
January 2 2011 1:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
oh : they were blasting singletary on fox nfl, saying he breaks players down and berates them as well. Kinda true from the sideline interactions that I saw, but I dont think anyones gonna pick him up..
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
January 2 2011 2:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Collin Trabocco

oh : they were blasting singletary on fox nfl, saying he breaks players down and berates them as well. Kinda true from the sideline interactions that I saw, but I dont think anyones gonna pick him up..

the guys on FOX NFL blow...Parcells used the same style with his players and he will go down as one of the best coaches in history.
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
38/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
January 2 2011 2:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ..::localeye::..

Originally posted by: Collin Trabocco

the guys on FOX NFL blow...Parcells used the same style with his players and he will go down as one of the best coaches in history.

couldn't agree more. When it becomes an issue as far as performance goes I didn't think he was out of line at all.
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,190 Posts
7/M/NA

offline   (1)
January 2 2011 3:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
ok, well with parcells its different. especially since there is mutual respect on both parts. with the 9ers there seems to be little if any. both players and singletary can be seen on more then that one occasion arguing with each other. the players respect parcells, and it comes off constructive.
cuntbreath
smells like vag!
9,444 Posts
44/M/NJ

offline   (20)
January 5 2011 11:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
^When Parcells coached last in Dallas, he didnt have their respect as much as he had in other places he coached, and it kind of showed in how they performed. Current NFL players are a pampered bunch that cant handle old-school mentalities of certain coaches. Thats why you are seeing a wave of young coaches that come in in their early-mid 30's who tend to be almost buddy-buddy with the players, some of who are faring well (Mike Tomlin, Raheem Morris) and some that fall flat(Josh McDaniels, Eric Mangini)
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
January 5 2011 12:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cuntbreath

(Josh McDaniels, Eric Mangini)

Bill Belichick wanna be's...they tried to be what Bill has mastered and failed miserably. Josh McDaniels will be an O Coordinator somewhere next season. Mangini I'm not sure.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,823 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (1)
January 5 2011 12:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cuntbreath

^When Parcells coached last in Dallas, he didnt have their respect as much as he had in other places he coached, and it kind of showed in how they performed. Current NFL players are a pampered bunch that cant handle old-school mentalities of certain coaches. Thats why you are seeing a wave of young coaches that come in in their early-mid 30's who tend to be almost buddy-buddy with the players, some of who are faring well (Mike Tomlin, Raheem Morris) and some that fall flat(Josh McDaniels, Eric Mangini)

while i do not totally disagree with your statement the real problem with Parcells in Dallas was Jerry Jones.
forum Sports Talk ›› Singletary fired after 49ers eliminated ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Singletary fired after 49ers eliminated

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?